Chapter 25: 🍺🍷The Izayaka🍷🍺

I think we can all agree that Baby Shark is the best song ever. You can throw your, K-pop, hip hop, rock, country, funk, techno and rap in the bin.

Kaitsuki held up the blade and removed the cover. There was pin drop silence in the room, not even a peep came out from anyone's mouth. They watched as a new color slowly began to spread from bottom to top of the blade, as if it was poison running through a person's body. Then, after what seemed like an eternity, the new color could be seen as clearly as day.

Giyuu and Kaitsuki: "Well that's a surprise."

Tanjiro: "H-Heh?"

Shinobu: "My my Kaitsuki, you spoke too soon."

Dekido: "I don't believe it! The blade's... o-orange red!"

Naho: "B-but... I thought blue was the only color for a user of water breathing?"

Dekido: "W-well... not necessarily, since of course, anything can happen at any time. It's just that... it very very seldom happens!"

Kanao: "It's not entirely orange red-ish."

Dekido: "What?"

Kanao: "If you look closely at the very edge of the blade, you can see a razor thin line of blue."

Giyuu: "Is there really a line like that?"

Tanjiro: "She does have good eyes after all. Hehe."

Kaitsuki: "Hm? It's too sharp for me to see."

Dekido: "I-I apologize, Kaitsuki!"

Kaitsuki: "What do mean? It's a good thing. The blade is incredibly sharp and straight. This is a very good katana."

Giyuu: "You should be proud of your hard work, Dekido."

Tanjiro: "Right. You really did put a lot of effort into making it."

Dekido, having been praised by the water hashira, his tsuguko and his village's hero, had streams of tears coming out of his eyes. He was relieved, honored, happy and thankful to them. He bowed down, thanking them for their praises.

Dekido: "Thank you! Your praises are too much. There is no question that this is the most proud I've ever been. Th-Thank you!"

Kaitsuki: "I'll do my best not to break it."

Dekido: "Don't worry. I'll make a new one whenever you need one."

Yet again, Krou flew into the room. Kaitsuki's gut could sense bad news. Krou had Kaitsuki's demon slaying uniform grabbed by beak.

Krou: "Unfortunate news Young Kaitsuki. It seems that your first mission starts now. Go change into your uniform."

Kaitsuki: I knew it! "That quickly? But I just got back."

Krou: "And now you're going back out again. Go change, we don't have a moment to waste."

Kaitsuki: *sigh* "Fine."

Eh phoow menuites laturr....

Tanjiro: "It looks good!"

Giyuu: "Now that I think of it, your haori is really unique."

Unique it was indeed. Kaitsuki was wearing his haori over his uniform. The embroidered white kanji made the the phrases and wisdom taught to him by his father. On the haori's back had his most famous saying, "No matter how unforgiving, no matter how cruel, deal with it, and the world can't hurt you." (That's cringe I know shut up)

Kaitsuki: "Right, I'm done. Let's go. The sooner we finish the mission the sooner I can rest."

The boy left the mansion along with his crow, sprinting along the dirt road. Krou led the way, flying in front and slightly above Kaitsuki.