Rotten Eggs

[Well, I've been so busy I don't remember how to be human T_T. I promise I am still working on the main Seventh Moon story. I am already done with the outline for Akaza's, I just need to actually write it all down. Ugh. I hope I could work on it this March. Anyway, this is short story from the Seventh Moon universe, after Sanemi and Y/N got married, so before the epilogue in the original. This is short and a little weird hehe. Enjoy.]

          Sanemi is not delusional, he knows he's not an easy guy to get along with. All his softness and gentleness lay hidden underneath thick, scared, and muscled flesh. It's easier to scream and yell angrily than opening up and be vulnerable. This is why he's not bothered when people found it odd that Y/N married him.

Y/N, his loving and gentle wife. It's almost unbelievable now that she has been a demon far longer than she was human. Come to think of it, Sanemi could say she was more human than him even back when she could regenerate her limbs and heal her wounds. She is, perhaps, his complete opposite.

These thoughts were running through his head as he looked dumbfounded at his wife. "Why would you make me eat that?!" Y/N yelled, shaking as she pointed at the plate of tamagoyaki Sanemi served her. She hasn't been feeling well, barely sleeping and always tired. Sanemi decided to be the good husband that he is and cook for her, but she's been turning up her nose and saying that she's not hungry.

Alright, maybe not his complete opposite after all.

"Hah? What are you talking about?" He asked in his normal tone – which is to say completely rude and demeaning. He realized it was a mistake once he saw Y/N's face fall from raging to heartbroken. "Why do you keep on giving me spoiled food, Sanemi?"

Spoiled? Sanemi was bewildered and looked at the food he cooked. He's been slaving over the stove this past week, he even did his best that day letting his creativity take over as he made all kinds of onigiri! He's been doing his best to make meals his wife would finally eat and here she was calling them spoiled. It irked him. "The hell you saying? They're not spoiled!"

"Wha – can't you smell how awful what you're cooking are?" She asked, anger now back with a vengeance. They were both fire and charcoal, a never-ending cycle of hatred now. Sanemi grabbed the plate and flung it to the wall making Y/N jump. "Then don't eat! And don't expect me to cook for you ever again." Fuming, Sanemi left their home.

He never expected to ever be disappointed that demons no longer exist. He could really use one right now to pound his frustrations unto. Was his marriage doomed? He felt like crying. No, that can't be. They fought so hard for this. All he could do, however, was sigh.

He soon found himself at Genya's place. It was noisy. It was no wonder since his brother's visitors were the noisiest bunch he's come across. Zenitsu and Inosuke were chasing each other, Tanjiro and Genya sat talking. Nezuko was the first to notice him. "Shinazugawa-san! Where's Y/N-chan?" Tanjiro followed soon after and said almost the same thing. Genya, too. It made Sanemi's chest constrict. They're almost always together after getting married. The space beside him suddenly felt extremely empty.

Instead of airing his marital problems, he chose to answer in a very him fashion. "Ha? I'm the one who's here, why ask after someone who isn't?" The younger folks just laughed, not suspecting anything. Not knowing that Sanemi felt like his marriage was crumbling. Ugh. That's unreasonable, right? It was just one fight, and they fought before. Sanemi decided to try and cool off. Maybe convince these guys to spar and use them as punching bags. Yes, that sounded perfect.

"Oh, you brought onigiri?" Tanjiro asked, sniffing the air like a complete weirdo. Ah, the onigiri. Sanemi flung the eggs but took these. Why did he do that? He was about to say that they're bad when Inosuke ran over to him, trying to make him hand over the food now. "It's not that good..." he said, uncertain. Still, he took out the food and laid it on the engawa, the others crowding around him.