Prologue

"Not happening." 

"Yes, it might! Just think! What would happen if this nasty school was just blown away from the whole world!" 

Ugh. Allie is always wishing the school/prison would just go away. I mean I do too, but that means lives on the line. Oh and the city we live in just received the biggest storm from a whole line of storms in Alabama. 

"But just think Miri! We could just stay on Lord of the Rings Online all dayy!" Miri is the nickname everyone has taken to calling me. My real name is Michelle but I hate it. That name makes me feel like a prep.

"Yes. But my computer broke so I can't get on anymore." I told her.

"Ugh!" She complained, throwing her head backwards. 

Allie has blonde-brown hair with purple streaks here and there. She has a dragon earring which wraps around her whole ear. It looks painful to be honest. She has on a black MCR shirt and black skinny jeans which complement her black converse boots. She's my little goth. She's a great friend either way. 

She continued to keep talking as I sat down at our lunch table. Our other friends joined us. They soon started talking about the weather and how we might receive a tornado. 

"So. I heard that a tornado has been spotted in Hackneyville!" My best friend, Wendy, said. 

You see we live in Alexander City. We never get hit by anything but rain since our whole town is surrounded by water and hills. 

"I know! I heard we have a tornado warning heading for us!" Kat squealed. Kat is short for Kaitlin. We have Caitlin and Kaitlin. Kaitlin decided to be called Kat and Caitlin decided to be Caitlin. It is all very confusing. 

"I really doubt," the town's tornado sirens went off as I was speaking,"it." 

"Ladies and gentlemen. We need you to evacuate to the Dungeon." Our principal, Mr. Thompson, said. The dungeon is where we all go to when there is a tornado warning. There is four lunch times and ours was the third on of the day. To make matters worse, they don't let us finish lunch.

So there we were. Just sitting there, trying to salvage what was left of our foood when we heard it. It was terrifying. The sound was so intense, it shook the building. It was as if a train was trying to go through the building.

I heard many screams. Girls and boys were panicking. Their minds were being blown away, just like the school. 

I watched in horror as a monstrous, midnight black tornado sped its way through the student body who shared lunch time with us. 

What we didn't know was that this beast was near its end. The path of destruction left behind from the air of debris lied in its wake. Some brave teenagers stood up. Our high school was missing a huge section. I could tell there was no longer a gym or most of the lunchroom. How so many of us were still alive, I didn't know. It didn't seem like any of us were dead. 

Many people started to run inside the remains of the school. None of us expected the sky to give up, sending heavy rain and wind around our faces, pelting us with the drops. I could tell from everyone's faces they hurt. 

My friend, Wendy, started crying. I, on the other hand, looked up at the sky. 

All of the sudden, a bolt of lightning soared out of the black, ominous clouds. 

I looked at Wendy before falling backwards, hitting my head against a steel frame, passing out.