Chapter 1

Bonnie leaned back into the chair, shifting to more comfortably crane his head up to the large animatronic resting atop the stage, quietly observing how the low neon lights reflected off the DJ's hands and face. His voice reverberated throughout the dance hall, low and soft, as he recalled a story about a rowdy group of guests.

"Bonnie!",

A loud call of his name snapped both bots' attention to the hallway leading out to the arcade lobby. Shoes squeaked harshly against the polished floors as the hurried footsteps grew closer. A familiar dread felt building up deep in Bonnie's chest cavity. Oh, oh no. As the figure rounded the corner, cheeks flushed and fists clenched, he tried his bests to adorn a friendly smile, standing from his seat and gesturing to the figure with open arms.

"Nessie! So good to see you~ want me to pull up a chair? You know, DJ was just telling me about- OW, OW OW-!"

"What the &@$! did I tell you about responding to my messages?! I've been trying to get to you for over an hour!"

Vanessa's fist had roughly collided with the metal plate of his head, sending an unpleasant spark throughout the wiring beneath the surface and sending him falling backwards at the sudden attack, hitting the ground with a metallic clank

"Hey, hey! I didn't get any- ", Bonnie kneeled over his wrist from his spot on the floor, opening a hidden latch on the inside of his wrist to reveal a small monitor embedded into the mechanics, no bigger than a watch face would be. Large red text illuminated the white screen, causing the rabbit to freeze mid-sentence, barely able to restrain a visible cringe.

'87 New Messages'

He could hear the tapping of Vanessa's shoe and the quiet 'oooh's of DJ in the background. That jerk. He enjoyed seeing him get in trouble, didn't he? "Eheheh- whoops," he muttered, moving to gently tug at his right ear as he kept his back to the guard. "Anyway, eheh... uh- what did you need from me?"

Vanessa audibly huffed, the tapping of her shoe stopping.

"We need everyone on high alert. Some kid somehow stayed past guest closing, and the doors lock in thirty. I need all hands on deck to find him cause frankly, I don't feel like babysitting tonight",

Bonnie sprung up and swiveled around on his heel, swinging his arm around for his hand to meet his eyebrow in a dramatic salute, exclaiming an enthusiastic 'Aye aye!' As DJ let out an affirmative hum and a thumbs up. A small smile tugged on her lips as an amused huff left her, expression seeming to soften, if not just a tad.

"Everyone except for Freddy is already on the lookout. Big guy is on lockdown, so if you see him wandering amuck as well, please let me know. I have to get going now." with a last nod, Bonnie watched as she disappeared back out of the hallway, a faint shout and curses as a monotone 'take a map' sounded from the next room.

Freddy. On lockdown? He looked to DJ, hoping he had heard some sort of explanation, perhaps from one of the others. The giant spider shifted his shoulder joints, doing his best imitation of a shrug and dashing Bonnie's hopes for answers. He watched as DJ looked back at where Vanessa had disappeared, before shifting his attention down to the controls in the booth to fiddle with the mobs and switches. "The child. I hope we find them before closing. The Pizzaplex can be dangerous after hours," Bonnie sat back into his seat, letting out a loud laugh before drawing his attention back to DJ, a mocking expression on his face.

"Dangerous? Come on! I mean, yeah, I hope we find the kid before closing, too, but nothing in here's actually gonna hurt them! What are they gonna do? Eat too much pizza? Oh, have mercy~" the bunny dramatically tilted his chair back further, clutching his chest and resting the back of his hand in his head. He expected a laugh at his antics, at least a little chuckle. DJ always does, but he heard nothing in response. Lowering his arms, he looked back, an uneasy charge racing up his endoskeleton at the animatronics unaffected gaze, a serious and dreadful feeling setting into the air around them.

"The others... you've noticed, haven't you?"