The Beginning and The End

The inspiration for this fic was because of this: https://twitter.com/WaltzFor_Zizi/status/1434745121057116167
I hope I made it justice hasgdj

Also this is a re-post from my ao3 acc, so you can read it there too I'd you want

ANYWAY hope you enjoy the fic.

~~~

As the Kim Dokja Company knows, Kim Dokja is known for not forgetting anything. It always seemed that he had a big library in his head, and he could just pick up anything he needed for the upcoming scenarios. So it became a big surprise when he just... Stopped remembering.

At first, it didn't seem like it was a big deal, he was just not remembering what he had for lunch, or if he had lunch at all. They blamed it on the lack of sleep, he was always reading the new chapters Han Sooyoung wrote for him, he (obviously) liked the new story of his favorite writer, he didn't love it (at least not like twsa) but it's was rather new for him, like always, leaving comments to talk about the characters and their story. So seeing him with eyebags wasn't out of the ordinary, until one morning, a certain main character noticed he was forgetting a little bit too much.

"What are you cooking, Joonghyuk-ah?" Kim Dokja pads into the kitchen, a little giddy.

Yoo Joonghyuk ignores him, resuming his task to chop the chicken breast into fine pieces. Jeong Huiwon, who sees the exchange as she pours herself a glass of water, says, "Your favorite."

Yoo Joonghyuk gives her a betrayed glare, but Huiwon just snickers as she takes her water bottle and exits the kitchen. Meanwhile, Kim Dokja is tilting his head, confused. "My favorite?"

Yoo Joonghyuk exhales, the tips of his ears a little pink. There's no way he's admitting it.

But before Joonghyuk could sink in embarrassment, Kim Dokja's confused words reached his ears. "But I don't have a favorite dish?"

Joonghyuk looks at him like he's a weird fungus. By now, it's common knowledge that Kim Dokja worships omurice. Particularly Yoo Joonghyuk's omurice.

"Is this you saying you don't wanna eat my cooking?"

Kim Dokja's eyes widen. "How could you even reach that conclusion? Of course I'll eat it! I'll eat anything you made!" He pauses, then grumbles, "No need to make me admit it out loud."

Yoo Joonghyuk's eyebrow furrow. In fact, he doesn't.

Kim Dokja won't eat anything with raw tomatoes in it, even if it's something personally cooked by Joonghyuk. Something goes off in the back of Joonghyuk's head. He isn't sure what it is, but centuries of being in an apocalyptic world has trained him.

And now, his gut tells him something is wrong.

"Kim Dokja, what's your favorite food?"

Dokja stops his grumbling to answer, "Eh? Nothing, really. I guess my upbringing prevented me from being picky- ah, forget I said that.."

Joonghyuk ignores his last statement, eyes narrowing.

"Do you have any fruits or vegetables you don't like?"

Dokja raises an eyebrow. "I meant it when I said I don't have any particular preference, Joonghyuk-ah. I don't really like or dislike anything."

Liar. He loathes tomatoes.

Joonghyuk goes on, "How do you like your egg?"

"Eh... I guess just a normal sunny side up?"

He likes his egg whites crispy, and his yolk softly cooked.