Part 1 - Boom Town Morning.

"Zzzzzzzzzz...." The figure of a teenage space bean with both violet and lime splotched skin was still fast asleep in his bed, even when the spring sun had rose about two hours ago. His bedsheet was sprawled over his body so scruffily, it looked like he had been tossing around his lithe body in the night, and only in the last few hours did he finally have a peaceful sleep...

"ZELDA OBADIAH?!" The voice of a woman then echoed from downstairs. "GET YOUR BUTT DOWN HERE THIS INSTANT! YOUR BREAKFAST IS NOT GOING TO MAKE ITSELF!" The kid had to wake himself up in a fluster. He nearly was cursing himself for being so darn irresponsible, then... "PLAYER?! AND THAT ALSO MEANS YOU. GET YOUR FAT BUTT OUT OF BED AS WELL!"

Zelda was already up out of bed when he heard the woman of the household, Molly Smith, yell for the other resident of the house to get out of bed. The teenager actually started to feel better about his situation as he got ready as fast as he could. As he walked out of his milquetoast room, he saw the figure of a pudgy red bean wearily wander out of his room.

"Why the heck does she have to moan at us? It's a freakin Saturday!" The red bean then said, looking at the younger man with a confused face. Zelda then rebuked the look with a very infuriated look.

"What the jack are you talking about, Player?! Remember, I am the one with the sleeping problem; you're just lazy!" Zelda then gave a smirk to himself as he then walked to the top of the stairs. " And by the way, you ARE getting FAT. Look at yourself in the mirror, dude!"

Player then looked on in annoyance as Zelda jumped on the banister and slid down it, cowboy style, giggling like it was nobody's business. Player just couldn't be bothered to give chase, knowing full well that Zelda was right: he was getting to be the size of a fweaking house!

Zelda managed to nail the landing at the bottom of the stairs, and rushed into the kitchen as fast as he could. There, the tall female bean was waiting for him. She wasn't that mad at him, it seemed, as she then walked up to h8m and started to fuss over him. "Are you alright, Zelda?"

"I... uhh... I'm sorry for not getting up sooner, Mother... the thing is that..." Zelda was just about to try to explain something before the two heard someone nearly tumble down the stairs. It was Player, and he definitely looked unstable on his feet. "...man."

"Jackson Peters?! You just look at yourself! You are seriously getting too overweight! Sooner or later, you won't be able to do anything, and you very well know what happened to Brian, don't you?!" Mother then said, walking away from Zelda and over to the beanie-wearing space bean with her hands on her hips. "Now look... as much as you think I am getting at you two about this and that, but you know I care for you two! And besides, Zelda here has been good all week, while you, Player, has done, dare say, eff-all! In fact... name ONE thing you've done to contribute to the house!"

The tubby bean then looked down at the floor in shame. Zelda looked on at the scene and felt slightly guilty. He Really wanted to talk to Molly about his problem. But of course, stuff happens. Zelda then decided to make himself useful and make his breakfast. He got out his personal bowl -a limited edition football themed bowl he got from his favorite cereal as a kid- from the cupboard above the sink and poured out some frosted cornflakes. He then reached into the fridge and took out the bottle of milk that was there.

"Hey, Molly? Can I have a word with you?" Zelda asked as he unscrewed the cap off of the milk bottle and took a sniff to make sure it was still okay. Molly, who had finished chewing Player out then walked over to him.

"Oh, yeah... nearly forgot. What seems to be the matter?" Molly asked. Zelda then gave a sigh as he gently poured some milk onto his cereal. He then replaced the cap on the milk and set it down on the counter beside him.

"I... I am seriously having trouble sleeping. I-It's the nightmares again... about my dad."

Molly then looked on, knowing full well what the youth was talking about. The thought actually still haunted her as well, and she then suddenly dragged Zelda into a hug. Both beans knew full well the problems that Zelda had, but he had been too shy to do anything about them. He wasn't in the best frame of mind to begin with.

"It's Okay, Zelda..." Molly cooed, gently running her hand through his two-toned hair, trying to comfort him. Zelda was already about to break down crying, and tears were already flowing from his visor. He was seriously questioning how in hell he was still alive, while she was thinking how much she wished she should've done more than she did. She thought to herself as she gently held the youngster she adopted in her arms, a very dark but understandable thought...

"...For All the trouble He caused My Family, new and old... I shouldn't have just left with you, Zelda...

I should have shot your father."

Player then noticed that both Molly and Zelda were crying, and even though he had very little idea how much hurt they had, but from what he heard from Molly and Ebenezer, It was one very dark day indeed. All he knew was that Zelda's dad lost his mind due to grief over his deceased wife and attempted to kill his newborn son out of anger. Player never bothered to ask the details. Besides...

He had his own catastrophe to deal with that day. His best friend, Brian Mackelroy, had died due to a heart attack out of the blue. That was one of the reasons why he just didn't want to bother with himself anymore. Deep down, The Red-skinned space bean had been interrogating himself over what would ever be the point in living Life to the full when you now that at any moment, you could die due to a hidden heart problem or something?

It was all that He could do was to walk over to the two and offer a hug in consolation. Losing one's loved one is one thing, but actually seeing them become monsters... is something infinitely more terrifying. Player joined in with the cuddle nonetheless, nearly in tears himself. "I... I Still miss Brian... I s-still miss Veteran...! I found out he died when you brought Zelda home that day...! I... I'm afraid of life, Molly..."

All three then cried together. A Family unit, born from three seperate households... but now united due to the darkness that had taken hold of their lives. Letting the feelings flow was the best thing to do at this point. And, as they cried out tears that pooled on the floor, the world seemed to feel much brighter. Their frame of mind also brightened up, and soon enough, the air around them all began to clear. The three then broke the hug and looked on with brighter faces, and they decided to get back with what they were doing.

Well, maybe Things might be Looking up for Zelda...?

-To Be continued-