Chapter 29

"Merry and Pippin!"

Boromir and y/n bolted through the forest and towards the noise of the two running hobbits. When they reached them, they were already surrounded by some orc looking beings. They had a more human like stature and longer hair than the orcs. White paint in the shape of hands covered their armor and features in threatening patterns. One of them raised their weapon to strike the hobbits but Boromir, who had been slightly faster than her, blocked its stroke. The pirate also pulled her blade and sliced at the opponents who backed away in surprise.

Y/n stood protectively in front of the hobbits, killing anyone who came to close. Boromir did the same but fought further out in the small battle field.

"Draw back!" he cried "Bring them to safety!"

While y/n didnt want to leave Boromir behind, protecting the hobbits was first priority right now. Using her free and she ushered the two away while kicking off a new attacker. After throwing one of the orc-like creatures over his shoulder Boromir joined them and blew his horn to call for help. Y/n could only hope that the others came quickly as there were far too many for just her and Boromir. And both of then were already a little beat up from their previous fight.

"Run!" commanded y/n the two hobbits who were hesitant to leave their friends behind, instead walking only a few feet until an orc hit the ground before them.

Y/n had tripped it by slicing its leg, as soon as it laid in front of Merry and Pippin, they jumped atop it and started stabbing it with their elven daggers. After they got up again, they started throwing rocks at the attackers distracting them enough so that y/n could slice of the heads of off two of them.

Boromir was expertly mowing down the opponents when suddenly a black arrow hit his shoulder.

"NO!"

Boromir gasped for breath and looked around seeing y/n as she stabbed another orc to get closer to him. He couldnt stop himself from sinking down to his knees. Though he didnt stay down long, soon he was fighting the gruesome monsters on his feet again. Another arrow flew his way but this time y/n was ready, hitting the arrow out of the air. Though spearing Boromir from another hit it distracted her long enough that an orc could smash its iron shield into her face.

A gut-wrenching crack indicated the breaking of her nose. She flew back and landed with her back against a tree, her sword was knocked out of her hand just like the breath out of her chest. Desperately she tried to fill her lungs with air once more, a thing that seemed so trivial with an unbroken nose. She barely saw another arrow hit Boromir with her blurry eyes.

In a panic she grabbed the pistol that had long hung unused on her belt. She aimed at the creature head with shaky fingers before pulling the trigger.

Expecting the loud bang from the shot she shut her eyes but only heard a quiet klick. It was jammed.

Shit.

She dropped the pistol and as las resort managed to pull the bow from her back where it had been long forgotten. Merry and Pippin looked hopelessly at Boromir was forced to his knees once more.

Y/n rose her bow and strung an arrow aiming at the Orc that was painted with a white hand print the middle of his forehead. Her eyes were blurry from tears and blood so it was no surprise that her arrow missed its target. Though threw a strike of luck it hit another orc that was reading to strike Boromir and it fell to the ground.

It was then that Boromir stood again and slashed at another attacker. All that was on his mind was to protect the hobbits as another black arrow sunk into his chest. Merry and Pippin screamed in anguish and ran at the opposing army with pulled swords but were quickly swept up.