Part 2

Sofia heads straight home after school, excited for the home-made pizza her aunt prepared for cooking tonight, she walks into her room and changes into her sleeping clothes for comfort and goes to head downstairs to the kitchen when her phone rings. She pauses and looks at the message, eyebrows furrowing at what she reads.

Did you miss me?
-A

Unsure what to think, she ignores it. But in the back of her mind she can't help but think 'Ali?' She quickly gets to work sorting out the movies that her and Lizzie will watch when she gets home and then cleans up the kitchen from the morning breakfast since they didn't have time to before they left. By the time she's don't it's about 5pm so she decides to spend some time getting ahead of her schoolwork and then she'll put the pizza in the oven in about 40 minutes so it's ready for 6pm which is when Lizzie should be home.

»|«

Emily is walking on the street alone when she sees an ambulance heading towards the old DiLaurentis house, she follows it desperately. She calls out to Maya when she sees her and Maya looks at her sympathetically and worried. "What's going on?" Emily asks the girl in front of her. "They found your friend." Emily smiles excited and relieved "I knew she was back. Is she inside?"

She moves to head in when Maya stops her and looks somewhere to the side, she follows her line of sight and sees Sofia with tears in her eyes. Sofia looks at Emily heartbroken "They found Alison's body" she tells her shakily. It's at that moment that they put the filled body bag onto a stretcher to take it away. Watching from the other end of the street are Spencer and Aria.

"I heard the cops took Hanna to the police station today." Aria begins the conversation nervously, Spencer catches on to what she left unsaid. "You don't think she'd ever talk about..." she is unable to finish when the girl herself appears next to them cutting her off "the Jenna thing? We made a promise." The three girls stand there in a row not speaking any further of it.

»|«

A newscaster reports to the biggest news rosewood has probably ever had "Thank you... the discovery of her body rocked this community, and today, hundreds of mourners gather To say goodbye to Alison dilaurentis." Sofia is almost jealous of how unemotional he is towards the situation, he has no attachment and therefore is only burdened by sympathy for those who do. The burden she feels is much greater. It was only recently she was given hope that her best friend might still be alive only to be slapped in the face by a cruel reality.

Alison is dead. Her best friend is dead. Gone forever, one of the most important people in her life and she will never get to see her again. That was her sister. She holds back tears and grips Lizzie's hand tightly, they enter the church and Sofia immediately spots Mrs DiLaurentis, Alison's mother Jessica. "Jessica." Lizzie calls out to the woman, she turns to seem them and a pained smile appears. "Sofia, come here." The two hug tightly and Jessica directs them both to the front row to sit.

Lizzie sits to the right, leaving Sofia to sit with the girls who are on the left. Sofia is stood staring at the coffin when a hand takes her, she looks over to see it was Hanna's. They smile at her and she takes her place next to them. "Poor Ali." Emily says in a glum tone. "Can you believe what a scene this is?" Hanna adds, kicking off a conversation between them all. "Alison would have love it." Aria states, Spencer followed her words "popular in life and death."

Seeing the look on Emily's face hanna gives her her flask of alcohol "no thanks, I don't -" Emily refuses it but Hanna interrupts her "today, I think you do." Arias phone ring and all the girls look at her almost holding their breaths in anticipation to find out who it is. "Anyone we know?" Sofia asks her "no, it's just my mom sending me a text." Aria tells them, then she realizes that all of them reacted the same way "Emily and I aren't the only ones who got messages from 'A' , are we?"