1: Accidental Discovery

~To The Story~

After jotting down the final calculations in his paper, Senku settled his pen off to the side. He raised both of his hands and stretched his muscles along with a loud yawn. After working none stop, he finally decided to give himself a short break.

Coming back to reality and in the middle of yawing, Senku blinked in surprise when he looked at the window. The sky was no longer blue but instead a bright orange and pink colour. Peering over to the classroom clock, he saw the time. It was getting late and he was the last student left from the science club.

He went ahead and gathered all his notes and began to neatly organize them into his folder. In the middle of cleaning up his area, his red candy-apple eyes picked up an object near the window.

There sat a closed book. It stood out because everyone from the science club has gone home for the day and packed up all their belongings, leaving all surfaces clean and empty. Even from where he was standing, it was easy to tell that it was a book. What kind? He didn't know.

Just out of curiosity, Senku wanted to check it out, assuming it was just a regular book that someone left behind.

Approaching it, he scanned the front cover. No title. So he checked the back. No synopsis. It's gotta be some sort of diary then.

Senku then went ahead and opened the book to a random page. The date and writing were enough to tell him that this was someone's journal entry, answering his assumption.

The thought of closing the book and putting it back did occur to him but it was immediately clouded when an entry capture his interest and curiosity.

Some days, I do feel bad that I haven't told Yuzuriha-chan. Today, she was talking about how if she ever had her own fashion line, she would want me to be the one to model in them. It hurts. Really. As usual, I just played along. I don't know how much longer I can keep this up. Some days I'm scared that she'll find out that I'm sick. I can already see her not taking it well and end up crying. I don't want that. I want to see her smiling until the end...

"It's rude to read other people's diaries, y'know."

At this, he stopped reading. But he didn't react as if he was caught doing something he wasn't supposed to. He turned around and was met with an unhappy expression on your face.

You had your arms crossed and glaring at him that he was reading something that was considered private.

"To be fair, it looked like a book," Senku defended, unfazed by your tone. He snapped the book shut tossed your diary at you to which you easily caught.

"Well, it's not." You sighed. Your eyes flickered to your diary and your fingernails dug into it. You bit your lower lip "... Did you read it?"

"If you're talking about the entry discussing your illness, then yeah," Senku said bluntly, getting straight to the point, scratching the back of his neck then yawned.

A wave of irritation went through you. You've been doing your best for so long to keep your illness a secret. Up until now, that is. You didn't mean to leave your diary here. You had biology last period. During the last few minutes, you were trying to find your phone, resulting in you taking everything out of your bag. It turned out, one of your friends stole it as a prank.

You had no time to get mad at her because the bell rang and you had to meet up with a teacher. You hurriedly stuffed everything into your bag, not realizing that you left your dairy behind.

"You're friends with Yuzuriha-chan, right? You can not tell her about this. Or anyone for that matter," you said strictly. "... Please, just don't." You almost had to beg.