3: Star Gazing

~To The Story~

"Hey, (y/n), you free this weekend?"

Your first thought to Senku's question had obviously something to do with the deal you guys made last week. You've been wondering when you were going to have to fulfil your part of the deal. Sure you've helped him around in the science lab during lunch but they were mainly mundane tasks. If you're being honest, you were waiting for the day he'd be asking you to help him with a more interesting project.

Guess the wait is over.

However, a few girls from your class overheard what Senku said and thought of something completely different than what you were thinking.

"(Y/n)-chan is getting confessed again!" You heard one of them squeal.

"And by Ishigami-kun no less!" She gasps.

You mentally sighed. You wished Senku didn't say those exact words to you in front of your friends. If there is one thing that excites them, it's witnessing a boy confessing their love to a friend of theirs.

Fortunately, Yuzuriha was around as well and proceeded to push the two girls out towards the door. She's known Senku for years and isn't too caught up when he asked you if you're free this weekend.

"He is not asking her out," she sheepishly smiled. Your friend manages to push two girls out despite their whining. Yuzuriha waved and let you know that they'll be waiting at the train station for you.

You waited for them to completely disappeared before answering Senku's question.

"Sorry about them. They've been trying to get me on a date for months now." You chuckled as you put your indoor shoes in your locker. Senku, in the meantime, wasn't fazed at all by your friends.

"That must be a pain in the ass." He commented dully.

"It is. But they mean well." You shrugged. "And this weekend you say?" You hummed and shut your locker as you ponder.

Do you have a doctor's appointment this weekend? No that's the next weekend.

"Yeah, I'm free." You answered eventually. "Why? What are we doing?"

Senku grinned and a childish gleam brimmed his candy apple eye.

"Heard you used to go camping. I think your experience would come in handy for this weekend."

Yes, you have indeed gone camping a lot when you were younger. Sadly, your parents had to stop taking you when work was consuming them and just life in general. Though, you never told him that. He must have heard it from Yuzuriha at some point or maybe Taiju. The big guy isn't exactly good at keeping things to himself.

"Um. What are we doing?"

Well, obviously, camping but there must be more to that. Something tells you that a nerd like him isn't the outdoors type. He's a scientist. What sort of activity could he do outside in the wilderness?

"We're not going to handle any explosives are we?" You asked, with a chuckled, only kidding around.

"No. Not this time," Senku said ever so casually which unsettled you.

'Not this time?' You repeated the words in his head.

And you thought a high schooler making a rocket ship was the most outlandish thing you'd ever heard coming out of his mouth.

"Anyways." Senku continued. "There is supposed a meteor shower this weekend and I need someone with experience out in the wilderness. So I hope you like walking cause we're going to the mountains for a perfect view."