2

As the eggs were frying in the pan, Heeseung looked out the window, sipping on his juice.

The waves were rather calm today, but it was still windy and the sky was grey. To Heeseung, this kind of weather was the best. He was grateful he was able to live in a beach house, on the beach. He was even more grateful Hae lived next to him. But, that was no longer.

The eggs were done frying, and Heeseung just buttered his toast, and he was ready to eat his breakfast. He made his way to the sunroom, that way he could enjoy looking outside. And as he was eating, he heard laughter.

His eyes adverted to Akino and a dog. The dog was a golden retriever, and it was fairly large.

Heeseung's eyes widened at how big the dog was. He never really had pets, only a few hamsters when he was younger. His parents were allergic to both cats and dogs, so that meant no pets.

Akino felt eyes on her, and she turned her head towards Heeseung, waving and smiling at him foolishly.

"Hi, Heeseung!" she yelled, then squatting down, grabbing the dog's paws, and making him wave too.

Heeseung felt his lips turn over the girl's silly antics. Somehow, Akino reminded Heeseung of Hae.

Akino wasn't shy, she was eager to make friends, she was loud, and even more weirdly, she smiled liked Hae too.

Heeseung shook away his thoughts, trying not to compare the two. He then opened the door and walked towards Akino.

The dog barked at him, but then ran to him and jumped up onto him. Heeseung let the dog lick his chin, and Akino laughed. "I think he likes you, " she laughed.

As the dog continued licking his face, Heeseung said sarcastically, "Really?"

Another giggle came out of the girl, and Heeseung laughed along with her.

"It's odd, " she spoke, "you're being way more talkative and friendly today."

Heeseung petted the dog one last time before he stood up, "Better mood, I suppose."

"What's his name?" Heeseung asked, the dog then jumping back onto him.

He smiled, at knelt back down. Akino knelt with him, petting the dog, "Haru."

"Haru, " Heeseung proceeded petting the dog, "that means sun, right?"

"Correct, " Akino said, "He and I are matching."

Heeseung raised an eyebrow, "What do you mean?"

"Akino, my name, means 'Sun' in Japanese, Haru's means sun in Korean, " she informed the boy.

"That's cute," Heeseung whispered.

Akino heard him, softly smiling to herself. She was happier with this Heeseung. She wanted him to become her friend, she was new, had nobody.

"Akino, " someone cried out, "I'm hungry!"

Both Akino and Heeseung turned their heads, seeing a little boy standing at the back door.

Akino let out a small chuckle, "I'll be there in a moment, Daiki."

The little boy stomped his foot, "No, now!"

Akino looked at Heeseung, "Duty calls."

Heeseung snickered, "It's fine, I'll see you later."

Akino waved at him, running back with Haru chasing after her.

"Maybe she's not so bad after all, " Heeseung mumbled to himself.

—————