Dumbledore: What Happens in The Staff Room Stays in The Staff Room

This is a slight detour in the story, but I think you guys will enjoy this. This was inspired by some comments on Patronus Charm. The next update will be about Frank and Alice's wedding.
.................

Albus Dumbledore looked around the Hogwarts Staff Room. He watched as his fellow professors as they quietly discussed the latest news from the morning's issue of the Daily Prophet.
Voldemort had killed more Aurors in the last few days. Albus was deeply saddened by the turn of the war.

Voldemort was growing stronger with each passing day and the Ministry of Magic was falling apart.

Minerva McGonagall slowly approached Albus with a grin look on her stern face. "I'm afraid that even our colleagues are being to lose hope." She admitted sadly.

"I agree. We need to do something." Albus concluded. He quickly scanned the crowd of professors.

"But what?"

"My dear Minerva, I have an idea." Albus turned to look at rest of the room. "My friends, Minerva and I have come up with an entertaining activity for all of us to enjoy together on this dreary evening." With a wave of his wand, Albus produced a few quills, ink pots, and some parchment. "In the last few years, I have made various bets about different couples at Hogwarts. This evening, we will do just that."

Horace Slughorn wandered up to the front of the crowd. "What a fine idea, Albus. I would like to point out that I never expected Lily Evans to date James Potter!"

The entire Staff Room erupted with laughter and everyone fondly remembered some of Hogwarts' finest students.

"I warned you that making them both the Heads wouldn't end well." Minerva admits with a wry smile. "I was wrong."

"Who would have expected it?" Flitwick exclaimed with a smile. He hopped up and down to be seen.

"This year, I think that Miss Smith and Mr. Johnson won't last." Horace declared as he took a long drink from a bottle that looked suspiciously like an illegal concoction.

"My dear Horace, I thought you might have chosen to be more optimistic given the events of the last bet we made." Albus laughed. His eyes twinkled brightly from behind his half-moon spectacles.

Conversations quickly arose about the various students and laughter dominated the stone room.

Albus watched his friends with a pleased smile. He knew that tomorrow they would have to go back to the grim reality of the war outside the walls, but for now they would have a night of fun and they would forget the sinister acts that the Death Eaters committed.

"I still think Lily and James aren't right for each other!" One professor stated loudly.

"They are a lovely couple." Minerva argued passionately. She cared a great deal for Lily and James.

Albus silently hoped that Lily and James would forgive him for sparking a massive discussion of their relationship in the Staff Room. Then again, what happened in the Staff Room stayed in the Staff Room.