prologue

© flauvier, 2022

AFTERGLOW,an enhypen au━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━

AFTERGLOW,
an enhypen au
━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━

"No, that's not it! It's 4.6! Where did you even get a 5.8? Did you create your own formula?"

Everyone in the classroom stared at Siyeon and Jake as they argued over a physics problem. Something they have been doing for quite a while now. Jake has always been great at the subject, but ever since Siyeon transferred to their class, she has done nothing but challenge his answers.

Often she was correct. Sometimes, she wasn't.

"No, you got the question wrong! Where did you even get the 10? Is that from some new law I have no idea about?"

The teacher had enough of their loud voices, and so he stood up to separate the two. "Okay, enough of the two of you. I'm not even going to say the right answer." He massaged his temple, standing in between them.

"Kihyun, switch seats with Jake."

Both Siyeon and Jake's eyes widened upon realizing what was happening. "Sir! I don't think this is necessary." She said.

The teacher shook his head. "Nope, this is the only way to make the two of you stop. Maybe if I put you two together, you'll find something to agree on that could end this unnecessary rivalry between the two of you."

"But sir—" Jake tried to argue, but the teacher only stared at them, his eyes conveying how serious he was about his decision. "Yes, sir."

He smiled. "Great. Now go to your new assigned seat." He looked like he was satisfied with his decision which only annoyed the two of them.

Jake sat at the empty seat next to Siyeon with a frown on his face. He put his bag to the side, crossing his arms trying not to look at her who shared the same scowl.

"If any of you switch seats with Siyeon or Jake, I will fail you." The teacher threatened him.

The two of them finally looked at each other, glaring at one another. And then they told each other the words they've been dying to say.

"This is your fault!"

━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━

• this story is not in any forms
affiliated to jake or anyone
from enhypen.

• this is not how i see the enhypen
members or jake in general.
this is all fictional and was written
like this for plot purposes.

• grammar error and typos are
to be expected

• take note of trigger/content
warnings at the beginning of the
chapters!

• may contain spoilers for my
other stories such as desiderium,
eternity, lovesick, and acatalepsy

━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━
AUTHOR'S NOTE :

this is the very first time im writing from a guy's pov so pls dont expect much but i'll try my best ^__^ i hope you all like afterglow <3