Chapter Two

I was so excited to write this chapter. So much back and forth, even though the beginning kind of sucks writing wise, but I promise to make the next chapter better. Here we go! XD

Gabriella POV 

Work went by as slowly as it could possibly go. I was so excited for my first day of work, but it ended up being plauged by the man dressed in black we passed by in the market place.  

Heading home and straight into my room, Undertaker noticed the problem right away.  

"Gabriella? What is the matter, deary?" My guardian knocked on my door.  

"I do not know. I feel weird, Undertaker." I leaned against the door and sighed. "I do not know how to feel about this." I heard him sigh.  

"I know, deary. I know it is hard to understand, but you are still too... too young." I heard the doubt in his voice.  

"I am eighteen! How am I still too young to know the truth? How am I still you young to know my own past?" I heard my voice crack. "I just want to feel like I belong in this world." I whispered to myself. I heard Undertaker sigh once more before his foot steps faded into the opposite direction. I went to my black, silk covered bed and collapsed, wondering if I was ever going to know the truth. I knew from the beginning that I was different. The only thing I really remember from coming here was begging Undertaker to take the pain away, knowing that it meant I would remember nothing. He agreed, and my memories were locked away. I also knew that they were not the only ones I had lost.  

I was explained to, by Undertaker of course after walking in on a conversation with him and the other reapers, what they were and that I had a long past that would be shown to me when I was old enough and ready. Now I lay in waiting for that day to actually come. But would it ever? With Undertaker becoming my father figure and not wanting to let go, would the day really come? I sighed and melted into my pillows.  

I wish I could get my memories back... No matter what the cost.  

I fell into darkness and landed on my feet in a dark room with one candle burning in the middle. Something was wrong.  

"Do you really want to?" A child like, yet stern voice asked from the darkness. The figure stayed in the shadows, so I was unable to see him.  

"Do what?" I asked the darkness.  

"Get your memories back at all cost. That is why you called upon me, is it not?" My eyes widened.  

"Called upon you? I do not even know who you are. Are you an angel?" I asked. The child like voice laughed out loud. That was not a good sign.  

"I am no angel, love. I am a demon, called upon to grant your deepest desire." His voice was laced with seduction, even with his child like sound. I was shocked.  

"A demon?!" I covered my mouth after my outburst. I could not have called upon a demon, I thought. I am a reapers daughter. We stand neutral in the mist of heaven and hell.  

"Could you step closer into the light? I cannot see you from where you stand." The young voice asked. I shook my head from my thoughts and started to walk towards the center, as asked. I heard a gasp from the small voice before he stepped from the shadows.  

His dark, almost black hair, showered over his face. His right eye was covered with an eye patch and his small body stood about 5', if that. He was almost a foot shorter than me. Something about him was shocking. Like I knew him and he should not be here, yet at the same time I was glad that he was.  

"I will make you a deal. I will help you find your forgotten past, no matter how long it takes, and I will serve you as your friend while obeying any order you wish. In exchange, I want you to be by my side and help me find a man I have been looking for. I believe that both of our problems lie with the person I seek, so it is killing two birds with one stone. Do we have a deal?" I looked down at my hands, playing with my fingers while I thought about this. Should I really make a deal with a demon?  

"May I ask why you do not wish for my soul?" I tried to sound bold, but failed terribly. He just sighed.  

"That is not your concern. Do we have a deal? You will not find your answers any other way, my lady. I can almost guarantee that. Going once.." I still was not sure about this.  

"Going twice..." But if this is my only way. "And.."  

"Fine!" I noticed him put down his hand, apparently he was counting, and smiled. It was cute, yet sinister at the same time. I sighed and walked up to him, putting out my hand. "Deal." He took my hand and smiled.  

"Deal." Suddenly, my hand started to burn. I kept back my screams as he marked his prey. "I will always be just a call away, my lady. Until we meet again." The candle blew out and everything went black.  

Ciel's POV 

I could not believe this. That was Gabriella. My sister. She is alive! She seems to have no memory though. It is like my sister to fight, so it is no surprise that she called upon something she knows as a resource, even if this 'version of her' I suppose, does not realize it. I am just glad it was me near by her and not some other demon who would be after her soul.  

Gabriella.. It does not surprise me that you ended up here, the place Auntie sent you so long ago. It is the only other familiar place outside London. Still.. I just hope that we can find your memories as soon as possible. Until then, sister, I will be by your side. Even if you do not remember me. I am here.  

My thoughts shifted to how Sebastian might react to this deal. Sebastian.. I remember when we made our deal so long ago.  

~Flashback~  

"Think carefully." I heard his dark voice call. "Should you reject the faith, even this once, the gates of paradise shall be forever out of your reach." I sneared at this.  

"Do you think, for even a moment, that if I was of the faith, I would summon something like you?" I heard a dark chuckle at this.  

"I'll ask but once more. Do you wish to form a contract?"  

"I do. Now stop asking such questions and let me know if we have deal!" Feathers erupted around us and I saw a glimpse of his toothy demon smile. After marking his prey, I ordered the demon to finish off my captures.  

Once I was free from my cage, I spoke.  

"My name is Ciel Phantomhive, the Earl of the Phantomhive manor." The shadow before me spoke once more.  

"Then I suppose I will need a form that is fit for an Earl." The demon transformed into a tall man, dressed in black like a butler, with longish black hair that framed around his auborn eyes.  

"Wait demon." I pulled on his tale coat before he could walk away too far. "What is your name?" He smiled down to me.  

"Whatever my master wishes it to be." I thought for a moment.  

"Sebastian." He smiled down at me again and nodded.  

"Was that the name of your previous butler?" I shook my head.  

"No." I looked down. "That was my dogs name."  

And from there, a butler and an Earl was born.  

~End of flashback~ 

Tomorrow is going to be an interesting day.