1. Busy Landline

23rd February 2022

It was 8 am on a calm but special Wednesday morning which would lead to a fun family celebration in the afternoon. Agnetha was baking a cake for her daughter's birthday, a tradition she held ever since the so desired daughter was born, 49 years ago. She would always wake up early and prepare her daughter's favourite cake: chocolate cake with strawberries and cream at the top.

Agnetha's joy in doing things that would please her children was never a problem to her. Instead, it was something she was always looking for and trying to always have to do.

Her joy was interrupted by the landline ringing. Strange, she thought. Not many people would call that number. At least who she knew. Whoever was ringing the landline at Ekerö's biggest villa didn't want to give up and Agnetha had to rush to the sink and wash her hands from the flour.

"Hej?", she greeted in Swedish.

"Hello. Am I speaking to Agnetha Fältskog?", said a man in English on the other side of the phone.

"Speaking?", Agnetha changed the tone of her voice to a curious one.

"This is Mike Smith from The Sun and we would like to ask you to give a statement on the news regarding Björn Ulvaeus and Lena Källersjö's divorce announcement. Is that possible?", he said. Agnetha remained in silence for a few seconds, wondering if she heard that right.

"I'm sorry, could you repeat that?", Agnetha pretended to not understand.

"I'm calling you on behalf of The Sun, in the UK. I am Mike Smith and I am asking you if you could give us your statement on your ex-husband's divorce from Lena Källersjö."

"Divorce?", she asked confused. She had no clue what he was talking about.

"Yes, Miss Fältskog. Björn and Lena's divorce.", Agnetha tried to process those words. She didn't know if she should believe in this man. In the past, she had received several prank calls and perhaps this one was another one.

"I'm sorry, Mr Smith. I am not able to give you any statement at the moment."

"Sure, can you tell me when would ..."

"Sorry.", Agnetha interrupted and hang up the call straight away, not letting the man finish his sentence.

Those words were echoing in her mind. "Björn and Lena's divorce."  What did that mean? Never in a million years that would happen, Agnetha was sure. But she didn't hesitate to grab her phone from the kitchen and do a quick Google search.

Björn Ulvaeus divorce

As she hit search, several articles showed up at the top of the search. Her mouth open when she began to read the titles. Her eyes couldn't believe what she was finding out through a phone screen and a quick search on the web.

"ABBA's star Björn Ulvaeus announces split from wife Lena after 41 years"

"ABBA's Björn Ulvaeus and Wife Split After 41 Years Of Marriage"

"ABBA star Björn Ulvaeus splits from wife Lena Källersjö after 41 years of marriage"

"What the actual fuck?", Agnetha mumbled. She decided to click on the first article and began to scroll down to read more.

"After many fine and eventful years, we have decided to divorce. We remain close and good friends and will continue to celebrate our grandchildren's birthdays and other family celebrations together."