XX

"Hey, Nong Gene. You can play piano, right?"

"No, I don't play." I lied.

"Oh, how come? Every person with a piano knows how to play. It's not a hard guess."

Can someone tell me that P'Nueng is wrong? Like, not everyone who has a piano knows how to play? My cousin, Aeoy is the best example. (Take me as another example, Gene)

"I told you, I'm not playing."

HE IS PLAYING. I HEARD HIM.

"Nubsib said you are playing, he heard you."

Goddamn it.

"Fine, just don't let me sing."

YOU HAVE A NICE VOICE.

"Why? Sib said that you have a good voice."

"Nubsib is lying."

"I think he's not."

"I'll play the piano and P'Nueng shall sing."

"Why me? My voice is ugly."

"Let's not sing then. What do you want me to play?"

"Any songs you know."

Gene presses the keys for the intro of the song, "Runaway" by Aurora. The rhythm every key pressed sounds so beautiful. As the song almost reached the chorus, Nueng grabbed Nubsib near Gene, telling him to sit down beside him. Gene who is playing the piano didn't even notice that Sib is sitting beside him since he was closing his eyes while his head moving through the rhythm.

And I was runnin' far away
Would I run off the world someday?
Nobody knows
Nobody knows, and
I was dancing in the rain
I felt alive, and I can't complain

Now take me home
Take me home where I belong
I can't take it anymore...

As the outro reaches the final key, Gene opened his eyes. He jumped on his seat when he caught sight of Nubsib staring at him, smiling.

"You frightened me!" He clenches his chest.

"You two are good together." Nueng claps. "And, you have a nice voice Gene! Sib was right."

"Be right back, I'll drink water."

"Don't choke yourself!" Nueng teased.

STOP TEASING HIM P'.

"You are defending him now. Hmmm... Is there something going on between you two?" Nueng whispers.

YOU ARE STARTING TO MAKE ISSUES.

"I'm asking not making an iss—."

Gene came out of the scene, "Do you want something to eat? I'll cook."

"I'm not hungry, Gene. Ask Nubsib he'll say yes, right Sib?"

Great! My brother keeps on teasing me in front of Gene.

I shake my head. NO, I'M GO—

"I told you! He would say yes."

When did the shake become a nod?

"Name a dish."

YOU—

"You." What?

"What?!"

"I mean, he said. It's on you. Sib is a vegetarian."

"Okay, just wait."

HOW COULD YOU SAY THE "YOU" PHRASE WHEN I'M NOT YET FINISHED DOING SIGN LANGUAGE?

"I know you will say the same."

I ADMIT THAT I'M A FLIRT BUT NOT AN OLD FASHION ONE. HIM AS A FOOD? ARE YOU KIDDING ME?

Nueng cracking up at Nubsib's reaction. "Fine, I'll stop teasing you and Gene if you tell me something about you two."

I RATHER LET YOU TEASE ME AND HIM THAN TO TELL YOU SOMETHING.

"In that case, you two are..." He paused when Gene came into the scene, well that was quick.

"Here's the food. Eat up."

THANK YOU.

"Gene, I have an urgent meeting to attend. I leave Nubsib with you."

DON'T MAKE A MESS HERE. I'M TRYING TO HELP YOU WITH HIM, OKAY? He was using sign language so that Gene could not understand him.  P'Nueng is acting strange lately.