♤ 9. Let It Begin ♤

The competition will be held in a forest in the campus grounds. The abundance of trees made the place shaded and appear darker in perspective. On each end of the woods, the group from Tokyo students and Kyoto students gathered.

On each side, people faced the ominous place but couldn't care less. After all, the curses inside aren't the problem. It's the opponent on the mix that made things complicated.

When the signal was finally sent for the 'go', everyone started running forward. Y/n was being pulled by the hand by Yuji as she didn't have any particular thought of doing anything on her own volition if one demanded to or any specific direction to follow other than their own routes but she just didn't know if she should go or not--unless it's to kill curses she will most absolutely come brawling like hulk.

Not getting farther deep into the trees, a presence appeared before them while running. The person only stood there with his proud posture as the others approached.

Yuji let Y/n go as he run further ahead on full speed towards said presence. The next to grab her hand while they were running was Toge who still continued forward and guiding her which direction they must follow.

"Oh, future girlfr--"

The pinkette finally kneed Todo right on the face which inevitably stopped him from continuing his last word while everyone else passed by with satisfied faces and thumbs up on Yuji. Getting some revenge after trying to flirt with their precious child: Y/n, and letting her hear creepy confessions--
good thing she did not understand the words of what he was saying...

They finally separated from Yuji according to the strategy they had in motion. after getting further away, Toge and Y/n went together to the other side while the others moved to the opposite.

According to plan, Y/n will be with Toge to search for curses and Yoshino will assist Nobara.

It was because Toge can somehow understand Y/n's gestures but the flaw was the fact that both of them could not communicate well with others.

Only then when the groups separated that they realized this.

"I should have been the one who took her." Maki clicked her tongue.

"Toge-senpai is probably enjoying himself now." Nobara rolled her eyes.

Everyone seemed to agree while an imaginary image of Toge making a V sign with his fingers following the words: 'salmon'.

"Wow, I'm feeling pissed for some reason." Nobara commented.

"We'll tackle that later." Maki sighed. "Now everyone, on the plan."

The group nodded and fully dispersed in the forest.

Y/n had been running around with Toge in the woods. The two quiet pair points from the sideline to focus on searching the curses around so Y/n had to look around for the red signs from her blind eyes.

The two had stopped running after being a little further away. Toge looks around while they sat on the fallen tree serving as their tree. "Sujiko." He told her.

Y/n looked at him. She understand that but did not know how to respond in affirmation so she just stared indicating  a stare that she knew... or something.

It was a telepathy thing for the two communication impaired teens. Toge knew she knows what he was saying and he was happy about it. The two just sat there and waited into view enjoying what might look like a scenery of silence.

"Tuna tuna." Toge pointed to a direction where he noticed something move.

Y/n stood up as well and sprinted first. The older followed as she unsheathed her sword arm and slashed it in one go.

The curse vanished as soon as it was slain while the boy cheered quietly. He noticed it, but he thinks that among his schoolmates, he is rather lucky. Because he is paired up to Y/n right now and admittedly, she was rather easier to handle and she was always adorably honest.

After she had killed a curse, Toge approached her and petted his head gently with an approving smile on his lips which is hidden by his neckline.

At that moment, different noises finally started in different directions, causing for Y/n to look around and found different smokes on different sides.

The fight between schools already begun so the two of them remained on standby while Y/n was alert in search of curses.

Their team was still doing well tho that really couldn't be too sure. While the others fought other students, it may also be dangerous for them.

The trees were swaying and the breeze followed with this thick atmosphere that Y/n couldn't fathom. She remained still while at the same time, her prosthetic eyes scanned what's in front of her. There were no reds in view yet but she had a hunch that it will soon appear although unsure when.

Toge finally stood and held Y/n's hand, pulling her with him as they began to wall.

A lot of time had passed since then, nothing much could be said in an atmosphere where two people could not speak much. One, because the other person is a cursed speech user. And two, because the other doesn't know how to talk yet.

When they reached a slightly closer proximity in the school buildings, Inumaki found a phone which belonged to Mechamaru. Immediately, he searched through the phone book and check who he can call.

He went behind Y/n and covered both her ears when he found Miwa's number and called. A few more rings and the said female answered the phone.

"Sleep." He said through the phone.

There were silence on line, a short shift and thud before Toge confirmed that she has gone to sleep indeed.

After that, he removed the hand that covered Y/n's ears. He took her by the hand as well and started walking. However, the wind became even more dense. There was something happening in the sky above them as the girl quickly pulled her hand and unsheathed her sword hands, turning towards the trees.

Toge followed along and noticed it as well.

Something came out from the trees. A dead curse... it fell on the floor with a thud.

After that, something on the same tree appeared again. A curse that looked like a pale tree and muscles with sharp teeth appearing out of his mouth.

A curse!

Toge immediately pulled his wide turtle neck down to his chin testing his words as he held Y/n's unbladed arm as they backed away.

He spoke and spoke. Meanwhile, Y/n prepared herself. She pulled her hand away from Toge again and ran towards the bigger curse.

The murky red mist that shrouded its being was a threat. Y/n wanted to eliminate it immediately.

However, before she could attack, a wide range of trees sprouted on the ground, striking her away. More tree like vines was about to struck her sharply.

"STOP!" Toge's voice was like an echoing vibrations and indeed, the vines including the curse stopped. He caught Y/n on her back then pulled her away running.

Toge jumped into the roof with her running as wide vines of tree finally continued to grow towards them running quickly.

When they turned down, they saw two other on the ground.

The number of twisting thick vines were forming even more and more ambiguous ready to attack the two men who stood frozen there.

Toge immediately used his cursed speech and directed them a command. "RUN!" and so they both did. Barely dodging the attack.

Reuniting with the two, they continued to run into the corridors of the school turning and turning through different  passages while the vines remain on their tail.

Everyone could already guess... this is invasion!

They were under attack by a special grade curse itself!

.

Eyo! Been a while!