Sierra

Sierra had been tasked with keeping a close eye on Aja, and she took that job very seriously. Alpha Daniels had once told her that after a bite, the pre-transformation symptoms of being a werewolf could vary from gradually manifesting over the month leading up to the full moon, to hitting all at once a few days before. In her own case, her werewolf abilities had begun to appear at about the two-week mark, and intensified from there up until her first transformation.

Since Aja wasn't human (what was she, anyway?), there was absolutely no telling. All she could do was watch for signs of heightened senses and enhanced strength. Another thing to watch for was the unmistakable werewolf scent. It was a unique twist of earth and a component unique to the particular individual that let any wolf know that another of their kind was in the vicinity.

One full week after the incident, and nothing really seemed to change. Sierra was sitting in history class in her usual seat, subtly watching both twins with intense curiosity. Her task was Aja, but her mind kept drifting to what Krel really looked like. If they really were twins, did he look a lot more like his sister in his real form?

That fake human scent that barely stood out over their real smell seemed to be what made them seem so metallic. Sierra already missed the authentic, unmasked scent she'd been met with that night in the woods. So fascinating, so unique. But she was getting ahead of herself. She was supposed to be monitoring Aja's behavior.

Monitoring her because I made her a werewolf. Only five months with the pack and I've already broken the code! She glanced down at her hands, silently letting out a breath. I'm pretty sure I'm going to stay an Omega wolf for the rest of my life for this. She was pulled from her thoughts when the twins began to whisper, so quietly only her werewolf hearing could detect it from this distance.

"How long has it been?" Asked Aja.

"About a week." Krel answered. "Why? Has anything changed?"

"No, but we only have three weeks left. Douxie still hasn't found anything useful in Merlin's books. What if he can't find anything in time?" Aja fretted. Sierra pushed down a gasp and looked down at her desk so nobody would get suspicious. Merlin's books? I think I know that name. That's the wizard who made the pact with my pack. It sounds like they're in contact with someone who knows about magic, if Merlin's knowledge is involved. This "Douxie" must know about werewolves, and is trying to find a way to stop the transformation, considering that the full moon is in three weeks. She finally looked up again, lightly tapping a pencil on her desk.

Well, he won't find anything that works. Once bitten, there's no going back.

The many misconceptions about werewolves were mostly born from the fact that werewolves had only shared minimal information to very few wizards who mostly kept that knowledge hidden, anyway. If this Douxie fellow had access to a master wizard's books, then he must be a wizard himself. Only having been a werewolf for this short time, Sierra had never met any other creatures like trolls or magic-wielders like wizards. She'd only learned about them from routine education from her pack. But she knew that a wizard might try very hard to reverse a werewolf if the individual didn't want to be one (which was crazy, in Sierra's opinion). Unfortunately for them, the magic was just too ancient and frankly untouchable.

Fresh guilt squeezed her chest, and she forced herself not to slump. Sorry, Aja. She wondered if, seeing as a wizard was involved, she should reveal her secret to the twins and help them. After all, Aja was going to wind up finding out eventually, right? It's not like Sierra was going to let her spend her first transformation alone and confused. And since they appeared to know a wizard, and furthermore, when you know a wizard you know about magic, they might not be so freaked out. In fact, they weren't even human! They were probably magical creatures anyway! Who else would have such an effective human disguise (unless of course you were a werewolf and could smell them)? Who knows, maybe they even spoke Wolfspeak!