Chapter 5

Wapun (Dawn) POV:

"We should help her." I remarked as Ben and I watched Mal get asked a million questions by the press.

"We should." Ben agreed before taking a bite of an apple, neither of us moving to help her. At the question that involved Maleficent, we looked at each other before moving our way through the group. "Okay, okay, excuse me." Ben said while I just elbowed my way through.

"We will let you know if and when that particular situation changes." Ben informed them. The reporters went to ask another question but I stepped up.

"This is a school, so if you are here, you are either skipping or trespassing." I stated, glaring at all of them. "Now, leave." I ordered, making a herding motion for them to leave. Mal let out a sigh of relief, nodding thanks to me while Ben chuckled.

"Don't pay any attention to them." Ben said.

"Well, that's a lot easier said than done." Mal chuckled.

"You know, maybe we should do something." Ben suggested, smiling as I cocked my head and raised my brows as the press tried to get back to the couple, grabbing them by the coat and pulling them in front of her. I was used to dealing with the press, and they knew not to push my limits. "We should go somewhere, get away."

"I can handle everything." I spoke up, scaring both of them. "But right now, you are late for a Council meeting." I told Ben.

"We will be going somewhere though." Ben promised, going to kiss Mal goodbye when Evie came up from behind her.

"If we don't do a fitting for your gown right this minute, you will be dancing in your bathrobe." Evie told Mal before turning to face me. "Same with you. Let's go, both of you." And with that, Evie dragged Mal and me off to their dorm.

"Okay, Evie, I cannot breathe." Mal protested as Evie tightened her dress.

"Well, you can breathe after the cotillion." Evie smiled.

"I sincerely doubt that." Mal remarked. "I have at least 20 more events directly behind it and I can't even remember what a single one of them is. How can you handle this?"

"You get used to it." I shrugged, twirling in my dress. "But, I do have an amazing memory, so..."

Mal sighed. "E, do you ever think what we'd be doing if we were back on the Isle right now?"

"That's funny." Evie laughed, but by Mal's face, she wasn't joking. "Ahh, look who's on TV!" Mal chuckled and sat down on her bed as Evie checked my dress. "Do you like it?"

"Evie, I don't like it," I started and her face fell. "I love it!"

"Oh, you little!" Evie exclaimed, laughing with me. The sound of Mal's magic grabbed our attention and I shrugged while Evie sighed. "I know Mal's secret to fitting in and Ben wouldn't like it one bit."

"Evie." I hissed. For getting thrown into this so suddenly, I thought Mal was doing really well.

"Haven't you guys had enough secrets between the two of you?" Evie asked, slightly relenting at my warning.

"Evie, you remember what I was like before I started using my spellbook." Mal sighed. "I mean I was a complete disaster."

"Well, personally, as your best friend I strongly believe that this spellbook-" Evie grabbed the book. "-belongs in the museum beside my mirror. Don't give me the face." Evie scolded Mal as she pulled out the puppy-dog eyes.