Overheating

The bell above the door chimed indicating someone walked into the café.

You looked up and waved, watching as your best friend, Jungkook, smiled at you before joining you at your table.

"Finally you're here, I've been waiting for so long~" You whined.

He rolled his eyes, stealing a chip from your hand, "Liar, I watched you walk in from the end of the street."

You grinned sheepishly. 

"Well at least you're here now, I haven't even gotten a chance to see you this week," You sighed, setting your head in your hand. 

Jungkook frowned, feeling bad, "I'm sorry Y/n. You know I've just been hella busy getting ready for the competition."

During their last year of high school Jungkook went on a snowboarding trip with his cousins and him being him he got the hang of it almost immediately. Ever since then it's been his dream to be a pro snowboarder. 

For the past few weeks he had been busy up at a resort, he was training for a snowboarding competition this weekend. The winner got 5 million won (4,000 dollars) and was interviewed on the news. It would be his big break if he won, and when Jungkook wanted to win something, he was going to win. 

"I know I know. You've been practicing so hard, you're for sure going to win!!" You cheered, making him smile, "I just miss you that's all. And I won't get to see you at all this weekend since you'll be there."

Jungkook was quiet for a minute before he sat up straighter, "Wait why don't you come with me?"

"Huh?" You asked, pausing with a chip held up to your mouth.

"Yeah!," he said, showing off his bunny like smile, "I need someone there to cheer me on, and then we can hang out in between too! What do you say?"

You shook your head slowly, "I'd love to, but I can't. I have no idea how to snowboard and I'm not going to a snowboarding competition without knowing how to snowboard. And, I'm not following you around on foot all weekend while you snowboard away."

Jungkook shrugged, "Then learn the basics on how to snowboard this week."

You looked at him with a dumbfounded look on your face, "Jungkook not everyone can pick up skills like you. It's Tuesday, there's no way I can learn how to snowboard by Saturday."

"Sure you can! You don't have to learn tricks or anything, just the basics so you can get around."

You thought about it for a second. It'd be nice to not spend a weekend at home for once, and you'd get to hang out with Jungkook the whole time.

"Ok fine, If I've picked it up in time then I'll come with," you agreed. 

"Yay! I'm so excited!" He clapped his hands.

"So when are you're going to start teaching me?" You asked. 

He raised his pierced eyebrow, "Oh I can't teach you."

"What??"

"I have to keep practicing this week to make sure everything is perfect, I don't have time to teach you how to properly stand on a snowboard," He said. 

You furrowed your eyebrows, "Then how am I supposed to learn?? I can't teach myself!"

"Don't worry," he said, "One of my close friends works at the resort and teaches lessons, I'll text him and he can teach you."

You sighed. Great, lessons with a stranger about something you only cared about enough to support Jungkook. 

You watched him happily text his friend about giving you lessons.