Chapter 8: We Only Look the Same

There is no other way to explain the expression under Spider-Man's mask, other than utter shock. He was now face to face with his impostor. The fake Spider-Man was standing in the makeshift hole of the wall

"Spider-Man! Let's get this over with quickly. Unless you want me to continue recking havoc upon this disgusting excuse of a city, you'll-" before he could go any further he was interrupted by the sounds of someone retching. "Ugh, Sorry, sorry but...is that what I sound like?!? I am so sorry, hearing yourself speak in my voice must be so irritating. How do you manage?" he groaned with a hand on his chest.

The impostor looked at him confused. "Are you being serious right now?" they replied. "What, you don't know who the person you're posing as is? I'm never serious in a battle, it takes all the fun out of it-" Spidey was stopped by the sounds of the impostor's yelling. "LISTEN HERE YOU INSECT! I have a simple enough preposition. Give up your powers and promise to never return as Spider-Man, and I'll never bother you, or this city ever again. Easy enough?"

"First of all, spiders are arachnids. Why does everyone think they're insects?" he started, while he spoke he shot a web at the villains face. Their head jolted back at the sudden force. "Second of all, you are a terrible copy of me," he continued, another web shot at their leg. He yanked on the web, making the impostor fall down on to the ground and slide across the floor and towards him. "You clearly don't have any sort of Spider sense which is like my whole thing, after amazing quips of course."

He stopped the impostor by lightly stepping on their chest, then he bent down so his face met up with theirs. "And even your build is different. Your shoulders are too broad, you're 3 inches too tall, and your head is slightly smaller than mine. Can't blame you on that front though, I am a genius. Now, let's see who's under this mask shall we?" As soon as Spider-Man finished his sentence, the impostor swung their arm at him, pushing Spider-Man off them and to the end of the room.

"This could have been so easy, insect. I'm sure we both don't like wasting time so why not just forfeit," the impostor said standing up and dusting themselves off. "Sorry, but I don't do things the easy way. Atleast, not anymore,"

"You know what, I'll be frank. I'm not at my most optimum right now. I mean, I'm sure I could still kick your ass, but I really don't feel like it." Spider-Man scoffed and began walking up to the impostor and said, "you seriously don't get it do you? I'm not giving up anything. Especially not without a fight." His walking speed accelerated into a running speed before he shot two webs directly at the ceiling and pulled himself up.

As he swung, he curled his legs into his chest before pushing them out again with as much force as he could, kicking the impostor in their chest. They were knocked onto the floor harshly hitting the ground. A quiet wheeze emitted from their lungs as the wind was knocked out of them. "Oh you have just pissed me off, damn insect!" they yelled, quickly getting up.

"What? No web shooters either? Man you are a crappy copy," he replied, landing on the ground. As he turned to face the impostor he saw he was already charged at him. "Don't need 'em," The impostor replied, ducking down once they got near Spider-Man.

They attempted to sweep his leg but to no avail as a backflip almost automatically jumped out of Spidey's body. The impostor stood up from their crouched pose and threw a kick in the air left foot, but again he dodged it, hitting their leg away from him and to the right. They stumbled a bit but quickly retaliated with a 180° swing with their other leg, but once again, the amazing Spider-Man and his spider sense dodged it.

The impostor then threw a series of punches at him, but despite his speed and unpredictability, Spider-Man dodged every single one. "You done now? Those clearly aren't gonna work," he replied bouncing backwards. "Yes, they warned me about this. But of course, that's why Plan B's exist right?" the copy cat countered. As they said that, they pulled out a spherical object from behind them.

Spider-Man's eyes widened, sensing that it was dangerous. A bomb maybe? The impostor threw it at an angle, making it crash on the floor in front of Spider-Man. "One more difference between us," they started. As the orb shattered, it released a dangerous gas. By the time Spidey tried holding his breath, it was already too late. "My suit has a gas mask built into it. I'm guessing you haven't made that instalment yet?"

He tried to fight it as long as he could, but unfortunately even Spider-Man isn't invincible. He only felt drowsier and drowsier, until his brain shut off, and his eyes closed, following suit. He collapsed onto the floor, before fully passing out.

There was a quiet thudding sound emitting from your shoes as you raced up the stairs. You had finished searching the building for any civilians but still couldn't find Peter. You figured if anyone could help you find him it would be Spidey. When you got to the fourty sixth floor of the Daily Bugle, you were met with an interesting scene.

One Spider-Man, standing over another one laying on the ground. The problem was, could you tell which is which? "What happened? Is that the copycat?" you asked, staring at what you thought was the unconscious body of the impostor. "..It Is," they quickly replied. "Yeah they tried taking me down but, the ol' Spider sense was no match for them."

"Nice one!" you called out. You reached your hand up and out for a high five then quickly stopped yourself. "Oh wait, what about the code word?" you asked. The impostor scoffed. "What you don't believe it's me?" they said. "Hey man, you're the one that said I should double check," you replied, crossing your arms. "Right," they mumbled with a light hearted chuckle at the end.

"On 3?"

"On 3." They repeated.

And on the count of three you both said the code word with no hesitation. "Fine, looks like you're in the clear," you said, staring him down in a jokingly manner. "Alright then so what do we do with this one?" you asked, staring down at the poor guy laying unconscious on the ground. "I say we bring him to the roof and chuck him off," they replied. Confused, you looked up at him. That wasn't very Spider-Man-like. "You want to kill him? What happened to the whole, "no killing" thing?" you asked.

"That was the old Spider-Man. I've changed in this past year. I'm an adult now. Sometimes you have to get rid of your enemies as soon as you get the chance." As they finished, your eyebrows furrowed, the rest of your face following suit to make a confused expression. "Well, maybe not straight away. If we kill him, there might be more copycats out there. We should wait until he wakes up and interrogate him," you concluded, crossing your arms.

"I guess that's a fair enough point. Fine, well do that instead," the impostor mumbled.

A/N: I apologise for posting this so late, I don't know what's wrong with me lately, but I just couldn't write. Hope you enjoyed this one anyway.

ACK I REALLY DIDNT WANNA ADD ANY AUTHOR'S NOTES TO THIS BOOK REEEEEE