Team metal appendages (Gauntlets N Greaves)

Post-Salem defeat

Summary-Mercury Black is taken prisoner. However, that doesn't him from having a conversation about metal appendages with Yang Xiao Long

The ride in a Bullhead was relatively silent before Mercury picked up Yang's right hand.

"You know, I've been meaning to say," he began as he studied the robot arm and Yang looked at him with wide eyes along with everyone else in the ship. Emerald facepalmed with a shake of her head.

"The craftsmanship on this is amazing." he continued. "State of the art, right?"

Yang surprisingly answered. "Yeah, it was a gift." she said. "From Ironwood after the Fall."

"Classy stuff." Mercury then noticed a button on her forearm. "What does this do?" He asked as he was pressing it. A grenade shot out of her arm and landed on the floor.

As if he was taking out the trash, Jaune picked up the grenade and tossed it out the door. Clearly that had happened more than once for Jaune to act that slow.

"That's a grenade launcher you idiot." Yang snapped as she closed the port.

Nora-It was my idea!

Ruby-I designed it!

Mercury-Cool! It looks beautiful. Way cooler than mine.

He taps his right leg. "Mine's less style, more business." he said. He glances at Emerald in the corner of his eye. "Though I didn't have the luxury of a team to design them."

Emerald winced apologetically at the mention at that.

"Hey, I had a hand in upgrading mine." Yang said with a wink. Everyone but Mercury groaned and rolled their eyes. 

Yang leaned against the wall while looking at her arm. "It's hard to act normal when you experience something like this, you know?"

Mercury-I remember that. When I first joined with Cinder and Emerald and I took them off for the first time, I felt so... helpless. I hated it.

Yang-I can agree with that. So, who built your legs? 

Ruby-They look awesome! Are they guns too?

Weiss-Please excuse the dolt, she's a weapon nut.

Mercury chuckled. "I built them actually." he said to Yang before turning to Ruby. "And yeah, they're guns. Most of the legs are used for storing ammo." 

Yang leaned in close. "Is it okay if I ask about the prosthetics? Like how you maintain them?" she asked. "And how was it when you first got them?" she paused. "Sorry if that's too much.

Mercury-Nah, it's fine. I'm happy to help a fellow amputee. Shit was terrifying when I first got them. But it had to be done.

Yang-What do you mean?

Mercury-Let's just say that my legs were too much damaged and leave it at that.

Yang glanced at Emerald who shook her head. "Plus, they ached a lot." Mercury added.

"You too?" Yang asked. She turned to Ruby, "I told you." she exclaimed before turning back to the silver haired boy. "Do you get creaky joints in the cold?"

Mercury-All the time.
Yang-How do you deal with it?
Mercury-Stop using Schnee's brand lubricant in cold weather. It's not meant for cold weather, it's meant for Vale, Vacuo and Menagerie. 

A metaphorical lightbulb formed over Mercury's head. He reached into his pocket and gave the blonde brawler a card. "Here, when you're in Mistral, contact my supplier here. Tell them Mercury Black sent you." he said. "They'll give you a deal."

The ride went back to silence before Mercury asked, "Do you get in trouble for doing too much maintenance? Cause I get that a lot."

"Uhg, Weiss is the worst of it." Yang groaned.

"HEY!" Weiss said indignantly but Yang ignored her. "Apparently I make "too much noise" and my headlamp is "too bright."" she said.

Weiss-It's not my fault that's true.

"Gods damn princess." Yang and Mercury muttered. The former playful and the latter in exasperation.

Maria-Hey, we got Grimm, kids.

Ruby-Alright then. Lock and load guys.

"Hey, all right if I tag along?" Mercury asked Yang. Yang stared for a moment before grinning. "The more the merrier." she said before unlocking Mercury's handcuffs. Mercury rubbed his wrists before glancing at Emerald who held her hand out. Mercury grinned slightly before shaking her hand.

With that said they all jumped into battle.