Chapter 16

It stung. A simple cut wasn't an issue that Adrien couldn't handle, but that hurt. He could tell that Monica's blade had given him a good sized slice between his ribs. A tender area that he'd always have due to his history of an injury there. Regardless, there was absolutely no way, that Monica hadn't inflicted the pain unto him on purpose. It totally was, gauged on the fact that she didn't seem sorrowful or even weary of her actions.

"Seems like we've come to an agreement then." Monica confirmed pushing him back with just the edges of her fingertips. Adrien stumbled back and to the side, his right hand reaching across to apply pressure to his wound. Slightly hunched over, he witnessed their enemy approach his partner. Doing so in such a manner that from woman to woman it was likely threatening. Adrien wasn't a woman though, so he wasn't entirely convinced. His partner's body language however, suggested otherwise. He'd have to ask her later. "Follow me. We'll discuss your first task on the way."

"An where exactly are we going?" Mari snapped turning on her heels to follow the other woman with her gaze.

"You'll see." Man, Adrien hated it when people said that sometimes. Exchanging glances with Mari, the two agents reluctantly began to trail behind Monica.

"I had it under control." Adrien informed his partner as he came up beside her.

"Oh did you? Because it looked like you were being held at knife point to me."

"I could've gotten out of it. I'm more capable of things than you realize."

"I can tell." Well, talk about adding insult to injury.

"What about 'capable' do you not understand?"

"Wow, you two really do argue like lovers."

"Like you would know." Adrien fired back. Monica rolled her eyes and turned her back. "I could've gotten out of there just fine, but no, you came in and got us looped into a situation I'm not sure we'll be able to get out of."

"You think I don't know that?! I've got a plan."

"Oh do you? Then you better fill me in, because I won't follow you to the ends of the earth anymore. An something tells me that you'll end up needing me in order for your plan to work." At this point it was clear Mari didn't want to hear it anymore. As if she was fully aware of how he felt about following her every whim. Exiting out of the museum, the trio made their way around the corner where a black van was waiting. They weren't seriously about to get in there were they? Adrien had a gut feeling everything was about to go south. An his gut feelings was usually right.

"Get in."

"Uhm.....no." Adrien began to back away, Mari taking a simultaneous step. Unfortunately, their escape was cut off. The agents froze. Whoever was behind them cleared his throat. Based on the fact that he'd bumped into the other person with the back of his shoulder blades and down, Adrien estimated that the person behind him was a shorter male. Likely thinner and weaker than he was as well.

"We meet again. How nice of you to join us." Fraser. Slowly, the blonde began chuckling in disbelief. He should have seen this one coming. "What are you laughing at?"

"My own stupidity."

"Well good. Now that we've got that established, can we get to work please? I have a deadline." Monica interrupted before hoisting herself up into the van. Neither Adrien or Marinette moved, both still hugely weary of the vehicle.

"What are you waiting for? Move." Okay, this guy was quickly getting on his nerves. Adrien tried to keep his cool. An usually, he was a pretty laid back guy. Liam however, was easily causing the blonde's patience to run thin. "Am I going to have to ask you again?" Begrudgingly, Adrien began to walk forward towards the van. For as much as he wanted to turn back and beat the crap out of the Liam, the agent knew it wasn't the best idea and to just comply. The inside of the van felt like something out of a movie. Blinking lights, which Adrien presumably determined to be assorted colored fairy lights, were strung all along the roof. The inner lining was beige with a museum blueprint splayed out on the floor. Who knew Monica could be so crime savvy? Unless Hawkmoth was supplying the elaborate set-up.