7) Absolutely Fucked

Dabi walked over slowly, seeming mildly annoyed with Shigaraki. The suicidal fuckboy gave me a questioning look before turning to Shigaraki.

"I can do that, anybody want anything while we're out?" Nobody said anything, going right back to what they were doing. He winced a little at the feedback, but composed himself quick enough that I had too do a double take to make sure I had seen it correctly.

Shaking it off, I pulled my hood over my head and walked out the door, irritated. I could hear the soft footfalls of Dabi behind me.

Stupid long legs allowed him to easily catch up to me and walk beside me. He had ditched his usual trenchcoat today, instead just chillin in his sweatpants and a dark hoodie. He pulled the hood over his head and shoved his hands in his pockets, so he was almost unrecognizable to the untrained and unsuspicious eye.

We walked in silence for a single peaceful, undisturbed moment, before he decided to speak.

"So what is it you needed to get so badly that Shigaraki let you leave the base? First we're on lockdown, second it's you who he's hella protective of for some reason, so spill."

"No."

"Spill, before I make you." His hand gripped my shoulder hard enough to show me he wasn't going to back down, and I could ever so slightly feel it heating up. I stopped walking, and we stood in the middle of the street facing each other, glares being shot and teeth gritted.

"No." I slapped his hand off my shoulder and continued walking, leaving him to catch up. He took a minute to register, before laughing, and following behind at a respectful distance.

Though I could totally feel his eyes staring at my ass as we walked.

Horny bastard.

After a few minutes of silence, we arrived at the place. It was older, and in this part of town, it's beaten up and broken state was no surprise. The glass was cracked in some places, the lights flickered every so often in the dark, and I wouldn't be surprised if the dark stain outside the entrance was blood.

I slid a hand in my pocket, holding tightly to the handgun, just in case.

Entering the store and heading to the back, I grabbed a few quick boxes of dye before making my way back to the front. Dabi stood by the counter, curious eyes trying to identify my mystery package. Shoving him away from the counter, I slid a few bills to the cashier and blocked Dabi's view while it was thrown in a bag.

Without a word, I left the store, hearing heavy footsteps rushing to keep up. I could hear the smug grin crawl into his voice when he decided to open his mouth.

"So whatcha need black hair dye for Y/n?" My head shot towards him as I tensed, deciding to try and create a believable lie.

I couldn't blame it on wanting to do Toga's hair, like I wanted to impulsively say, because Shigaraki had told Dabi that it was important. I didn't want to reveal too much, and if I didn't answer within a reasonable amount of time, he would be even more curious.

I was stopped from my lie-making by his chuckle. "It's okay Y/n, we all have our secrets to keep." With one hand, he brushed some of his hair back to reveal white roots just barely showing, before walking off towards the base and leaving me dumbfounded with this new information.

Alas, everyone has things to hide.

word count 11/7/22: 583