Wild

_________________________________
THIRD POV

Blood.

There was blood all over the unfortunate and vulnerable twelve-year-old girl. Her older sister is looming on top of her, oozing saliva and snarling like a ferocious animal. A wild animal with a striking resemblance to her older sibling. Fortunately for the small girl, she was able to locate their house broom and utilize the stick portion as a biting target for the wild animal.

The girl cried and cried, pleading for rescue, but there was none. She shrieked, but it was just for the wild animal to slam her head down with all of its might, causing the tiny child to tremble in terror.

How did she find herself in this horrifying situation?

She retraced her memories. Her memories of her and her big sister sleeping on a futon together. Only to be awakened by broken flower vases and growling voices. Why and what happened?

"Ple-please! Anyone! Help!"

When her strength has finally abandoned her, she can feel the wild animal's warm breath and drool raining down on her collarbone. Can she really blame them? She wasn't particularly strong; in fact, she is a frail and fragile young lady. Her eyes were closed as tears streamed down at the side of her eyes.

*Thump*

Her eyes opened as she heard a noise, or rather, the growling noises of a ferocious animal came to a halt on top of her. She realized the noise was its head rolling across the floor and colliding with someone's foot in front of her.

The body of the wild animal dropped on top of the bewildered young lady. Too stunned and terrified to scream, she didn't even dare to ask as to why the wild animal's body was slowly disintegrating into ashes.

She inspected the enigmatic figure, no, a man in a white haori with an orange and red pattern at the end of the haori that looked like flames. The man stood in front of her with a blank expression on his face, but with sympathetic eyes on the small child.

"You're only a young girl..." he murmured as he slowly approached and knelt alongside the terrified little girl.

The twelve-year-old girl finally wailed and sniffled with fear as she held the man with long bright yellow hair and red streaks resembling flames, as well as two shoulder-length bangs. He has black forked eyebrows and distinctive golden eyes that fade to red with white pupils. She wrapped her arms around him tightly, finally feeling safe in someone's embrace.

"Pl-please find my sister...", She sniffled in his unusual clothes.

"Is it only you and your sister?" the man said as he patted the little girl and carried her fragile and feeble body on his arm before he rose up.

The little girl merely hummed, unable to speak due to exhaustion, as she sniffled and sobbed, massaging her red and puffy eyes.

The man walked around the gory and wrecked house, holding the wailing girl in his arms and crying on his neck. Because the house was small, it didn't take long for the man to ask the little girl a question.

"Can you tell me what she looked like?"

The little girl wept again as she tightly hugged the man's neck, "The wild animal...It looks *sniff* exactly like my sister *sob* p-please find Nee-san."

The man wrapped his arms around the small girl's shivering body as she sobbed uncontrollably. He is aware of the situation. He understands that the wild animal was not an animal nor a beast, but rather a...Demon.

Her big sister has turned into a demon.

"Okay, let's find your big sister."

The small girl heard those words from the man before falling asleep as exhaustion overtook her like a freight train. She cradles on the man's neck as she felt the cold breeze brush against her body.

'Nee-san...'

xox

xox