Part Two

"Ina! Any plans this weekend?" Yahtzee yelled from over the counter. Her and Ina were the last ones left at the bar, and they were getting some last minute cleaning in before they locked up.

"Gonna see a man about a dog," Ina responded. She pulled up a barstool to sit it in while she finished off her virgin pina colada.

"You always are. Your house must be full of fleas."

"Even if it is, you'll never find out." She took a seductive sip from her drink, her moth folding around the straw as she narrowed her eyes at her co-worker.

"So I'm assuming you're never going to be the one responsible for hosting movie night?" Yahtzee asked.

"Bitch, I don't even have a TV," Ina answered. Her grimace eased into an annoyed smile as Yahtzee laughed and rinsed off a dirty rag.

"I'll get you one if you let me come over," Yahtzee flirted, she even added a lip bite to her classic smirk.

"Mmmm . . ." she pretended to think about it, "No."

Yahtzee laughed, and threw the rag into a bin under the counter before she snatched Ina's drink out of her hand, and started rinsing out the yellow liquid. She flexed her - admittedly muscular - arms as she scrubbed the cup, desperate to get some kind of reaction from Ina.

"Keep trying, babe. You won't fold me. Besides, we all know you have a big fat crush on Lilith," at this point, the two girls had gathered their things and were getting ready to leave.

"I do not have a crush on Lilith, okay? I flirt with everyone. I even flirt with Mel's grandpa when I'm feeling desperate," Yahtzee rambled, assuming she was defending herself in some way. Ina had no clue what she was trying to accomplish there seeing as she ended up just embarrassing herself. Ina laughed off the conversation, leaving Yahtzee to believe that Ina was unconvinced. Which she was.

It was cold in the city that night. It wasn't surprising that it was cold, but it was certainly not convenient for Yahtzee who had worn a sleeveless shirt. She shivered in place, jumping a little at the sound of every passing car. They were waiting at a cross walk. Both of their apartments were only a few blocks away from the bar, Ina's being closer than Yahtzee's.

"Hey, I'm this way anyways, I don't feel like waiting," Ina mumbled as she gestured in the opposite direction of her apartment. A small cloud of condensation would enter the air with every word she spoke.

"Oh," Yahtzee replied, "where the hell do you have to be at 2 in the morning?"

"I told you. Going to see a man about a dog." She answered quickly, and turned to walk away before Yahtzee had time to ask any questions. She called out "Bye Z!" as she walked away, and Yahtzee called back. When Z had looked back up to the blinking screen that told her if she could walk or not, she saw it had turned to walking just in time.