Wayward Lessons

-o-o-o-o-o-

"What is that?!"exclaimed Spike, pointing at the noticeably large bulge on Cosmos' torso where his Autobot insignia had once been.

The four bots in the medbay all turned to look at the two humans approaching.

"He looks like he's pregnant. Like eight months pregnant!" exclaimed Carly, staring at the minibot's now doubly convex chest panel.

Ratchet smirked. "Oh that? That's just..."

"Ssssst...." Wheeljack interrupted, hushing Ratchet and crouching down.. He gathered Spike and Carly in closely. "It's not public yet, but..." He looked about conspiratorially. "Cosmos is pregnant."

"Pregnant! Oh my gosh!"squealed Carly delightedly. She stretched up past Wheeljack's shoulder to look again at the bulging saucer former, the green protuberance having replaced the bluish chest panel she remembered him as having.

"But it's..."

"It's twins! Cosmos is pregnant with twins!" Jazz announced loudly, cutting off Cosmos.

"Twins? Like Sideswipe and Sunstreaker?" asked Spike.

"I said that it was at least twins," said Ratchet with a smirk. "There were too many limbs in the scan for me to tell for sure."

Jazz leaned in, putting protective arms around Cosmos. "Twins run in my family, so I'm sure it's twins." His black hands moved down to stroke the bulge affectionately.

"You're the father?"Spike coughed, staring at the black and white mech petting the mini-bot.

"Yup!" beamed Jazz proudly. And he kissed Cosmos on the side of his helm. "I'm going to be a daddy!"

"I thought you Cybertronians just built more robots when you decided you needed more of you around," Carly stated, still smiling, especially as Jazz looked so cute rubbing his mate's baby bump.

"Well we can, but that's the boring way of doing it," explained Ratchet. "That's how we got the Dinobots, but Jazz is a stickler for the old ways regarding a few things."

Jazz chuckled and kissed Cosmos' cheek again. "What can I say? I like a little hot crenellator on oscillated cosmitron action." He made a gesture that appeared as if he were pulling on a glove.

"Wait. You're still using an oscillator circuit on your cosmitron?" Wheeljack asked,somewhat stunned.

"You bet, and that's why I know it's going to be twins," he answered confidently.

"But I'm..."

"Hush, Love," said Jazz, kissing Cosmos again, this time on his mask.