1: Explanations

Y/n's pov:

"It's now or never," I whisper to myself as I stand in front of a jeweller's broken-open door. Slowly my feet move across the floor and my eyes are focused on the red alarm lines hovering above.

When I'm almost there I rush through the lines causing red lights to glow everywhere and loud alarms to fill the entire building. "Three minutes, should be doable," I conclude, running to the cash register where there's a black box with a lock on it.

I immediately take a pin from my suit and start fidgeting with it in the lock. "Dammit, that stupid mask." I stop for a second and take off my mask, revealing air to my face. When I have 20 seconds left on the timer, the alarm suddenly goes silent. I slip the mask back over my head and get up quickly, turning to the door.

"Well, look at that," Iron Man's voice echoes as the other Avengers gather around him and a moment of silence falls. "Damn, I really thought I'd get a cool introduction but you don't know my name, do you?" I say sarcastically before the smoke bomb I placed in the doorway goes off and I run out the back door.

The moment I leave the building I come face to face with one of the Avengers. "Captain America, what a pleasure to meet you," I greet him as I extend my hand until he pulls his arm back to strike, but I duck and push his own shield against his face.

I use the two seconds he's caught off guard to tackle him and throw back his shield which makes Wanda Maximoff fly into a wall. "I'm sorry!" I shout, looking at the big hole above the door. "Me too," Iron Man's voice sounds again from behind me as I turn and scan his suit with my eyes. He points his hand at me to blast me until I hold my arms forward in defence.

"Wait, don't shoot at me," I say, causing him to lower himself and land on the ground. "I can fight but your suit will destroy me, it's not worth it." Tony Stark's face appears with a questioning look on it and he steps out of his red suit. "Are you surrendering?" he asks.

I nod my head and walk towards him with my arms in the air next to my head. I'm close to him when the Hulk suddenly appears between us, covering me with his shadow. He turns around, grabs Stark in his grip and jumps away while I also run as fast as I can and an explosion of the Iron Man suit is heard.

I stop running when I reach a dark alley with no lights and lean against the library that forms the left wall. "You're smart, letting his suit blow up like that," a female voice I've been waiting for appears next to me. I turn my head and look through the holes in my mask to see Black Widow only a few feet away from me. "But you're not as cold as you pretend to be, you could've killed Stark but you let him live," she continues as she slowly approaches.

I look at her and tilt my head before she throws a kick at me which I dodge and knock her down. It only takes a split second for her to swing her leg around and bring me to her level as expected.

I just let her do it, giving her time to get up and then get back on my feet. She goes to attack me again but I dodge all her kicks and punches and give her a few myself until she clamps her hands around my throat.

She pushes me against a wall as I wrap my hands around her wrists, trying to loosen her grip on my body. "Not so tough now, huh?" she speaks with a smirk drawn on her lips. "Please, I can't breathe." I struggle to let the words out of my mouth causing Romanoff to release my throat and I bend down a bit, trying to catch my breath. She just stands there, watching me pull my mask up to my nose.

The moment I get up she immediately pushes me back against the wall, this time placing her hands on my shoulders so I don't choke again. "Let's see who's hiding behind this black mask, shall we?" she says, standing close enough for me to feel her breath on my skin. She moves her hand to my head, but just before she exposes the rest of my face, I lean forward and place a long kiss on her lips.