2: Identity

Y/n's pov:

I'm currently on top of the roof of an office building, seeing how long it takes for the Avengers to get here. While waiting, I strapped a long safety rope around my hips and to the edge of the building. Believe it or not, I'm not going to fight any of them, I'm just going to see if they've solved my code yet. And now look at that, there the Avengers arrive on the roof together.

"You know, I really thought you were smart," Tony says, clearly thinking he's set up a cool arrival. I tilt my head a little and do nothing, creating confusion among the group of heroes. "We have an alarm for criminals like you, don't you know that?" Tony breaks the silence before I stop tilting my head and answer, "Of course I do."

Still, I do nothing, observing every tiny movement the people in front of me make to see when they're going to fight until I make eye contact with Romanoff. Immediately I remember my sudden choice to connect my lips with hers. I'd never kissed anyone before, and weirdly, I don't regret that she was the first. "We know that you're Golden Widow," Natasha's words pull me out of my thoughts.

I let an invisible smile form on my face as I gently clap my hands. "Congratulations," I tease to which Clint lets an irritated sigh escape from his mouth. Once again, an awkward silence fills the air between us as the heroes send a few questioning glances at each other. "Are we going to fight or what?" Bucky wonders while I unobtrusively check if the rope is still securely attached to my hips.

"First I want to ask Golden Widow something," Wanda says, appearing from behind Steve. I bend my head forward slightly and hold my hand in front of me, palm up to the sky, indicating that she can go ahead. "What are you up to? You didn't steal from the jeweller, you've been sloppy with the alarms and I don't think an office building is of any use to you," she sums up her observations.

"You'll figure it out," I answer before letting myself fall off the building, seeing the shocked looks on their faces as they don't know I'm connected to the building. When I'm almost to the ground, the rope bounces me to a window where I crash through with a loud bang. I'm surrounded by pieces of glass everywhere as I quickly free myself from the rope and run away.

"Yeah, that was definitely cooler in my head," I conclude, running through the streets and finally arriving at a beach. Once I'm sure I'm alone, I stop running and lean with my hands on my knees as a sudden sharp pain appears in my stomach. I look at my suit and see a large tear with blood flowing out of it. "Shit," I say to myself.

I keep my hands on the wound as I quickly walk to the deserted end of the beach where a forest begins. And in the forest is a cabin that I found a few years ago. Carefully I open the creaking door after which I'm immediately enthusiastically greeted by loud barks. The Australian Shepherd jumps up on me, causing me to lose my balance a bit and my vision to blur.

"Not now Yeva," I say as I walk through to the small kitchen where I get bandages and take off my suit. Carefully I wrap the white sheets around my stomach and put on my pyjamas while Yeva waits quietly on the couch. "It's all right girl, I'm okay," I reassure my dog ​​and lie on the couch with her. She gently lays her head on my chest and we both slowly arrive in dreamland.

TWO MONTHS LATER

Natasha's pov:

"There's no logical explanation other than that Golden Widow finally has everything she needs," Tony says, pacing next to the table. It's been two months since that weird rooftop moment with Golden Widow and we haven't heard from her ever since. "Tony, she fell through a window last time, maybe she's just hurt and needs to recover," I speak, hoping to calm Stark a little.