Never to late to apologise.

Faith walks down the street trying to pick up on anything to find Buffy using their slayer connection. She stops for a moment and looks to the house on her left.
"Aha." She says heading into the abandoned house. She slowly walks up the stairs and sees a very sad looking Buffy laying on a bed covered with her jacket.
"B?"
"What? You here to make me feel worse?"
"No." Faith sits just on the edge of the bed and looks down at Buffy.
"I heard about what happened. Well, no, Willow came up with a really bad story and I saw right through it." Buffy sits up next to Faith.
"Yeah? You just here to rub it in my face that they prefer you."
"I really don't think they prefer me anymore."
"What are you talking about?"
"I just told them how stupid and ungrateful they all are and I punched Kennedy in the face."
"You did? I'm not saying I'm happy but-"
"Hey it was funny and you should be happy about it. You gonna get them back?"
Buffy doesn't answer she just looks down at her lap.
"They're wrong about you, you know."
"Maybe they're right. I didn't earn this. I don't deserve this."
"How could you say that? You deserve everything. You deserve the world." Buffy doesn't answer again so Faith gets up and kneels in front of her.
"You listen to me. Don't you ever think that. You are incredible. Look, I know you and I have never been the best of friends but I do understand that you go through so much pain and you don't have it as easy as you'd think. Look at me." Faith puts her hand on Buffy's cheek but Buffy moves her head.
"Look at me." Buffy looks down and Faith with tears in her eyes.
"You are the most amazing person I've ever met. You're so selfless and kind and most of all you put the world and others happiness before your own. That's why I lo—." Faith suddenly realises what she's going to say and stops.
"That's why I appreciate you."
"That's not what you were going to say. What were you going to say?"
"Okay look, all my life I've never cared about anyone. Never wanted anyone. Never loved or liked anyone. But since I met you it's changed. Before I say it I just want you to know what I say it it's not because I want to have you as another one of my conquests and I'm not asking you for anything."
"Just say it."
"I love you." Buffy looks at Faith in shock.
"H-how long?"
"Since the night we first met at the bronze." They sit there in silence for a moment before Faith breaks it.
"Can I get you a drink? Beer? Gin and tonic? Whiskey straight up?" Buffy laughs gently.
"I'll let you get some rest." Faith stands up and begins to walk away.
"Faith."
"Yeah B."
"Can you stay here?"
"Ok." Faith starts looking around for a place to sit taking her jacket off.
"I could probably plop down on this old chair. Looks comfy enough."
"No." Buffy moves up in the bed.
"Here. Will you just hold me?"
"Okay." Faith lays down on the bed and opens her arms. Buffy edges over to them and rests her head on Faith's chest. Before they go to sleep Buffy squeezes Faith tightly and whispers,
"I love you too." Faith smiles and gently kisses Buffy on top of the head.