WHEN YOU MEET

A/n; sorry if it starts out a little slow

🌙"We just love to dream, I fell asleep, when you woke up."🌙

———

Tony Stark⚙️

You were a friend of Natasha's, and she'd invited you to an infamous Stark party. She claimed it's because she didn't feel like going, and wanted someone she could talk to. However, as soon as you arrived she went off on her own. You sighed as you sat at the bar, twirling the straw that sat in your drink. You know Natasha wanted you to get out more, but leaving you alone at a party was a new low for her.

"Whiskey, please."

You didn't look up at the voice beside you, but you could tell he was looking at you. His drink was placed in front of him, and after he took a sip he turned back to you. "Tony, Tony Stark." You looked at him and gave him a small smile. "Y/n." He nodded, "You know, I've never seen you around here before." You chuckled, "You mean in your tower? It's a party, I'm sure there's tons of people here you don't know?" You tilted your head. He lifted his hands and let out a small laugh. "You caught me, I just thought you were pretty." He took another sip of his drink. "You seem a bit lonely, I thought you might need some company." You sighed. "Yeah well my friend made me come and then totally ditched me. Honestly I should've seen this coming, she's always trying to get me out more often." You shook your head and he smiled. "Why don't we get out of here?" He asked and you rolled your eyes. "No thanks, I'm good." You downed your drink and got up, chuckling at his surprised face. At the sound of your laugher he quickly fixed his composure. "Alright, that's fair...how about a dance," He stood, "Just one." You thought about it for a moment before looking back at him. "Alright, just one."

He smiled and held out his hand, which you took. He led you to the dance floor and the music immediately switched to something more slow. You looked towards the DJ booth only to find Natasha standing there. She smirked at you as you glared at her for a moment, before you turned your attention back to Tony. He put his hands on your waist, and you placed yours on his shoulders. Tony guided your steps to the slow beat. As you guys danced he started a light conversation, trying to get to know you better. You answered vaguely, not wanting to give too much away. Eventually the two of you fell into a comfortable silence, and as the song ended you both let go of each other. You smiled and thanked him, and he grinned back.

"See you later Stark," You winked, "Or not." You laughed as you walked away.

He tried to chase after you, but he'd lost you in the crowd. A few other girls pulled him back onto the dance floor as the music picked up the pace once more. Usually he wouldn't dwell on a person he'd only met once...but for the rest of the night, he couldn't get you out of his mind.
———

Steve Rogers🇺🇸

You smiled as you spotted him, the man you'd be coaching for the next few months. You were both in what appeared to be an interview room. He sat in front of a table with another empty chair on the other side. He seemed a bit out of it but still he gave you a small smile back.

You sat across from him and held out your hand, "Hi, my name is Y/n."

He took your hand and gave it a firm shake, "Steve Rogers, but I'm guessing you already knew that." He glanced down before looking you in the eyes. Your eyebrows creased but you kept smiling. "Yeah I did," You sighed, "So, did they tell you why I was coming?"