Chapter 19 Memories

Emily

I think it was morning. A little sunshines went trought the dark window. I was still tied up to the chair. Only good thing now was that I was able to see something. I looked around the room,there was a bed with wite sheets, a cupboard and two chairs, I was sitting on one of them.

Soon I heard footsteps coming this way. It was the same guy as yesterday only he wasn't alone. There was two other guys behind him and they were carring another girl. It looked like she wasn't alive. They sat her on the free chair and tied her up just like me. They went out of the room closing the door behind them. I looked at the girl. "Andrea." I whispered. I was on my way meeting her at the panda express when everything went blank.

After a long time she started to move. She woke up crying. There was a tape on her mouth so she couldn't scream, but she still tried. "Andrea calm down. There's no use of screaming." I said to her and it looked like only now she saw me. Before I said anything else the same 3 guys came in the room and they had another girl, but she was already tied up to a chair and it looked like she has spent weeks without eating. They putted the chair down and again went away. "Hi." She said. She didn't have tape on her mouth so she could talk to me. "Hi." I said back. "I'm Lisa. What's your name?"
"Emily."
"How long are you here?"
"Second day. You?"
"3rd week. How much time did They gave to you?"
"4 days. You?"
"3 weeks and one day. Basically tomorrow I'll die." She said like it was no big deal.
"How.. how do you know that?"
"Easy. Coz my boyfriend doesn't want to give them money." She said and my throat literally fell open. Well that's a boyfriend.
"How much do they ask?" I asked just too keep the conversation going.
"90 million dollars." Lisa said and Andreas phone started ringing. They guy came in and picked it up. "If you want to see Andrea alive you have to pay 85 million dollars. I will send the address and if you will call the cops I'll kill her and send you her head. Clear?" He said and putted the phone down. He looked at me, then at Andrea and then at Lisa, and just went out.

"Theyr boss is a girl around your age." Lisa said looking at me. "What was her name?... Christa I think... no wait it wasn't Christa. It waaass.....K-k-Kate. Yeah Kate." She said and first thing that came on my mind was my old friend Kate. "She comes and checks on everyone once a day around 3pm." Lisa said.

I looked around the room trying to find a way how to get out of here. Nothing. Andrea and Lisa was sleeping. Soon the door opened and some one with high heels came in. I looked up and guess who I saw? Kate. "Hey best friend!" She came close to me and said. "We're not best friends." I spat in anger. "Oh we could be, little Emily can't even look at gun." She said and took a gun out of her pocket literally putting it in my face. I closed my eyes. "See? You can't even look at a gun. Well yeah. OK. I probably wouldn't want too look at a gun with who some one will shot me and I will die." She laughed and went out of the room.

I'm not scared of guns. I just don't like them. I have my reasons for that. It's not first time when I'm kidnapped. First time it was when I was ten.

*flashback*

I was staying in Sydney at my dad's house for summer. My brother stayed in Perth with mom. Dad always was busy with something,but it wasn't his work. "Dad? Why are you so busy? You said you don't have work.... and you always go somewhere at nights." I said sitting next to him on the couch. "Is it the resin why you and mommy aren't together anymore?" I kept asking. "Uhhh. Emily. You're a big girl now,... but can I trust you?" He asked and I nodded. "Promise me?"
"I promise!"
"Those two words don't mean anything if they're not truly said and proved."
"I promise dad. I promise no matter what happens."
"Okay. Come. I'll show you." He said getting up from the couch. We went to the door that leads to basement. Before he opened it he looked at me. "Em, sweetie, remember it's a secret. You can't talk about it. OK?" He said and I nodded. He unlocked the door and we went downstairs. There was guns everywhere, and not only guns. "Cool." I said looking around. When I was ten I loved guns. I always wanted to shot something or just mess around with a gun. "You like it?" Dad asked looking at me in little bit shocked expression. "Yeah." I replied. "Can... Can I get one?" I asked. "No Emily. Sorry. You're too small and you don't know lots of things yet." Dad said. "But you can teach me."
"I dont think i should."He said and I gave him the puppy face. "Okay." He said and I started to jump around from happiness.