CHAPTER 4

LEAH'S POV

"Leah!" My mom shouted from the kitchen. I groaned and went to the kitchen. My arm was still sore from the fight yesterday. I sat on the kitchen stool as my mother prepared my lunch. "I'm going for a job hunt today. Would you like to come?" She asked and then placed a plate in front of me.

"I have some homework to do and Nora is coming over." I said taking a bite of my food.

"So how's your school going?"

"Nice."

"Did you get in any trouble this past few days?" She asked and I nodded. "Lee!"

"One girl tried to hit me so I stopped her!Nothing much I promise." I said looking at her. "Lee Promise me! You won't get in any fight!"

"I promise." Then the bell rang. "Hey!" I greeted Nora. "Hi!"

"This is Nora" I said to my mom. "Hi Mrs Fox!" She extended her hand and my mother shook it. "Call me Sofia!" She smiled. I told Nora to go wait in my room. "Mom! I can do a part time Job. I have some free time and I have nothing to do with it." I said.

"You already have a job which pays you 1000$ and I still don't what it is." She exclaimed washing dishes.

"Mom! I told you they are my savings!" I argued. She gave up and said, "Alright but this shouldn't affect your studies!" I nodded. "It will be nice for a extra pair of hands to help around here!" She added. I gave her a hug and went to my room. Nora was examining my bookshelf when I entered.

"You want anything?" I asked sitting at the edge of my bed. "Not much of a reader" she said.

"You can borrow any book anytime!" I said as she sat beside me. "So are you going to the party?" She asked.

"I haven't asked my mom yet. I will ask as soon as she return." I said. The rest of afternoon went by us talking and watching movies.

——————
"Mom there is this party on Friday can I go?" I asked. She got of a few minutes back. Her expression showed that she found a job that also pays well and Nora was staying for dinner. "Yeah! But you know the rules!" She said and began preparing dinner. " What rules?" Nora asked.

"No drugs and Alcohol!" I said and she was surprised. "What?" I asked with a awkward laugh. "I have to ask my father constantly for a week then he allows me!" She exclaimed with a chuckle. Afterwards we ate our dinner and then She left after an hour.

I couldn't sleep that night. My mind was constantly thinking about how I let a stranger visit my house. I never had a stranger in my house since my father died. My mom is really protective about that thing.