Episode Two: Nowhere to Hide

Lee POV:

I am awoken from my sleep by a loud crash. I look up to see a man standing in the entrance to the store. He is covered in blood and looks to be in pain. I look at his face and gasp at the familiar sight.

"Jay, what the fuck happened to you." Kenny questions.

"It's a long story. I need a doctor." Katjaa, Kenny's wife hurries over to Jay.

"I'm a veterinarian, and that's the closest thing to a doctor we have." She says with a worried smile.

Clementine and I run over to him. Clementine hugs him and he winces at the pain. "Easy there, Sweetpea." I say with a worried tone to my voice. I look over Jay and realize how serious his injuries were.

His left arm has several large lacerations and is bleeding profusely. His torso looks to be bleeding but I cannot tell the cause. Katjaa looks him over.

"Are you bit?" She questions with a frown.

"No, no. I fell through a roof and my arm got caught on some rebar. The rest of the blood ain't mine." He says, painfully.

I sigh in relief as I follow Katjaa and Jay into the backroom. Clementine wanted to follow us but Jay told her to stay behind. They sit down on a desk and Jay rolls up his sleeve.

"Shit... I didn't realize how bad it was." Jay stated through gritted teeth.

"Well you are lucky because it didn't hit any tendons or nerves." Katjaa then pulls out a bottle of hydrogen peroxide.

"My favorite part!" Jay announces sarcastically. Katjaa pours the peroxide on Jay as he writhes in pain. He kicks the desk and curses profusely.

"Now time for the stitches." Katjaa says with an expressionless face.

"Do I have tooooo?" Jay whines with a sarcastic and comedic tone.

"At least you still have humor in these situations." I reply.

Katjaa finishes stitching and bandaging  Jay's wounds. We leave the back room and head towards Clementine. She squeals in excitement and hugs Jay.

"I t-thought I l-lost you." She cries while still hugging him.

"It's OK, I'm ok. You don't have to worry about me." Jay says comfortingly.

Kenny rushes over to us with a worried expression.

"I hate to break up this reunion, but we have a problem."

Just them we hear screams followed by a few gunshots. We see a couple of people bleeding with obvious bite wounds and an undead Rebecca lying motionless on the floor.

"Shit, the gunshot must have attracted the walkers!" Jay remarks.

We start to hear banging on the windows as we stand up and grab our weapons. One of the barricades burst open as a few walkers crawl through.

"What do we do?" Clementine frightfully questions.

"Well, there's nowhere to hide." I reply.

Kenny rushes over to his family as more walkers get in and start attacking people. Jay picks up Clementine and runs toward the back door. I follow closely behind.

Only a few other people make it outside. I recognize Carley, Jay, Clementine, Kenny, Katjaa, and Duck.

"We have to go back in and help them." an Asian man says.

"We can't, Glenn. You've seen how many walkers there are, it's just not possible." Jay says with a frown.

"He's right." Kenny and Katjaa say in unison.