Thirty Seven

Skye's POV

I didn't know where I was when I opened my eyes, it took me a few seconds to remember that I was in a hotel, in LA, with Wesley. As all the memories of the last 12 or so hours filled my brain, I just laid there not moving, thinking about how I figured I'd feel different afterwards but I didn't. I still felt the same girl, if anything I just I loved Wesley more now than yesterday, and I hoped he felt the same. I was laying on my side, I could feel Wesley's chest pressed against my back and his arm draped over me, it felt cosy and safe. I wanted to just lay here forever, snuggled up in the thick white comforter of the hotel bed, because I knew as soon as I turned over to face Wesley I would have to face his thoughts on last night. He has considerably more experience than me and I would be lying if I said I wasn't completely insecure about how I stacked up, I wish I didn't care, but I did. I remained still for a few more minutes, assessing my own feelings about last night, I was happy I had waited until I had and I was happy my first time had been with Wesley.

I knew laying here with my own thoughts was a recipe for disaster so I slowly turned over so I was facing Wesley, trying to be as gentle as possible so I didn't wake him. When I lifted my eyes to look up to where his head was on the pillow he was already awake, smirking at me. His brown hair was all tousled, he looked sleepy but still gorgeous , "I wondered when you were finally going to admit to being awake" he said softly. He brought his hand up and brushed stray strands of hair from my face, the feeling of his fingers running along my skin sent a tingle down my spine. He still had this affect on me, and suddenly I was very aware of the fact that we were both naked in bed together. I wasn't sure if this made me a little bit anxious or a little bit excited so I tried not to think about it, "You knew I was awake?" I replied. He grinned, which made me realise what I was feeling was excitement, "Of course, I can practically hear when you are thinking these days" he explained to me, "So tell me Skye, what are you thinking?" his eyes searched mine as if he was trying to read my thoughts.

What was I thinking? His question rung in my head and I tried to come up with a way to verbalise everything I was thinking but I had so many thoughts. "Skye" Wesley blurted out, my head snapping up to look at him, his face looked worried. "I'm happy" was the first thing that came out of my mouth, he grinned, "And seeing you smile makes me even happier", now the words were just flowing. "I'm glad my first time was with you, I don't regret it for a second, I love you, I love everything about this, I love this comforter" I paused, I was prolonging asking him what I wanted to know. "And I'm nervous to know what you thought about last night", I knew I was babbling but sometimes when I started talking to Wesley, I couldn't stop. "You have a lot to compare it to, whereas I have no comparisons so you can take great comfort in the fact that you are officially the best sex I've had". I was nervous and instantly wished I'd stopped talking after I said I was happy, it was like the time I had rambled on in detention. I didn't look at his face, I just kept my eyes on his bare chest that was in front of me, and watched as it expanded when he sucked in a deep breath.

"Up until a few minutes ago, what happened last night was the best moment of my life" Wesley started talking, and my heart almost beat out of my chest with joy, until I realised he said 'until a few minutes ago', had I ruined it with my outburst? "But hearing you say right now that you are happy and you love me has bumped last night to my second best moment" he said lifting my face up to look at his. "Damn it Wesley Stromberg, you have a way with words", I told him grinning, all the tension I felt disappeared, I felt so tingly and kind of turned on, it was all very overwhelming. "Wesley" I started, wanting to suggest that I'd like to do it again, but I chickened out, "Can we order some breakfast?". I wasn't thrilled about the end to my sentence but I actually was pretty hungry, Wesley nodded and leaned over to the nightstand to grab the room service menu.