Chapter One - "New York?"

Y/n watched as her eyes seemingly fly through the pages of her book. She didn't have many books in the Caribbean, so she read over the books she and her brother, Alexander Hamilton, owned. After her mother passed due to illness, her brother has been working non stop, almost forgetting about her sometimes.

It hurt, tremendously, but she understood his antics. He needed to work to not only help her, but keep a great legacy up. She helped the most she could when she could. Most times, she'd be helping the sick and injured through out her town.

Yes, even though frowned upon, Y/n Hamilton studied and practiced medicine. But, she didn't go into surgery and major things in that league. One, she didn't know it. And two, even if she did know how to preform it, she knew there was more advanced medicine in the main land and across the sea.

She wanted to leave the Caribbean and study more medicine, in hopes of saveing some of the lives that are lost by the hundreds everyday.

But she knew she couldn't just up and leave, her people needed her. On top of being a nurse, she would look after the few children and help prepare food for the elderly and feeble. She was described as a walking, breathing angle.

She knew she couldn't leave fully from the Caribbean. But, she did want to venture far and learn more about everything the world had to offer, then return to her home.

The sound of her brother coming into the room ripped her out of the thoughts about the future that Y/n laid out.

He had a smile accros his face and a letter in his grasp. "Oh, you are not going to believe this, Y/n. I have enough for a trip to the main land. New York, can you believe it? Oh how I can't wait to see the opportunities for us!" He rambled while pacing in the small room.

"Alex, did you just say we're going to New York?" You asked, still not really processing his words. He talks like he's going to die tomorrow sometimes.

"Yes! In two days! Isn't this wonderful?"

"It certainly is Alex, would you help me pack?" Y/n asks as she stands and begins pulling out a small luggage bag.

Alexander nods and helps his twin with the small amount of items she owns. Consisting of mostly books and papers of medicine practice and cooking.

╓┈♔◦☓◦☙◦♔◦☙◦☓◦♔┈╖
--Afterwards--
╙┈♔◦☓◦☙◦♔◦☙◦☓◦♔┈╜

After the long and dreary voyage, the twins made it to the New York harbor. Alexander got both of the luggage bags, which weren't too heavy nor full, while Y/n made it down the to peir deck.

Y/n couldn't believe it, she made it to the main land! She looked around, admiring the architecture and bussling men and women walking around the town. She smiled as she knew that this had the opportunities she was always day dreaming about.

Alexander got off the ship and joined his twin in gawking at the scene in front of them. After a minute or so, Alexander bumped Y/n with his arm and nodded his head to a carriage waiting for them.

Sure, they didn't have a lot of money, but Alexander wanted them to have a good first experience on the main land.

They put their luggage down and Alexander helped Y/n into the carriage.

"Take us to the heart of the city." He said as he handed the driver the money required for the trip and hops into the carriage.

"Can you believe we made it. After all that has happened, we made it, Y/n."

"We have, Alexander. But, do you think this is a little too much? I mean, we just left our people in the Caribbean-"

"Hey, I've been the one to hear many of you daydreams about traveling the world and learning as much as you can possibly can and going back and helping the Caribbean as much as you physically can.