Wanting His Attention

There was cadet (First Name) (Last Name). The soldier had just finished running her 50th lap Levi had given her as punishment. As the soldier made it to the end of her laps, she collapsed on the ground, breathing heavily. She felt sick, tired, and just wanting something to drink.

Levi stood there looking at the girl with his typical stoic expression as she finished her punishment. He didn't say anything. He really did not know what to say in the moment. Usually he would command them to get up, take a shower, get some water, but Levi had other things on his mind.

After a few minutes of (Name) catching her breath, Levi decided that he would finally speak up about what was bothering him. "Cadet (Last Name)." He started with a lazy tone. "I took you in my squad because you ranked number 1 out of all the other cadets." Levi started to explain, causing the girl to look up at him with those adorable, (eye color) eyes. Those sparking eyes always managed to make him weak. "However, you are always getting in trouble and making trouble. And you know it." The corporal raised one of his eyebrows in questioning. "You've snuck into my office, skipped your cleaning duties, locked Jean in the stables, claiming you were doing him the favor of reuniting him with his 'true' family." The captain used air quotes for the last part. "Why do you do this?" He asked rather sternly.

(Name's) blank expression turned into a huge frown when she heard the question from her superior. A shaky sigh left her lips when she searched her mind for the right words to say. She couldn't admit her true intentions, right.

The female looked down at the ground, playing with the green blades of grass from nervousness. "I don't have any reason, sir." (Name) sighed once again, standing up on her throbbing, wobbling legs. She almost fell over from the screaming pain she felt, but the cadet managed to catch her balance. "I will do better."

(Name) then walked away, leaving a dumbfounded Levi behind on the training grounds.

———

It had been a week since (Name) had her last punishment. What the girl said was true, she quit goofing off and playing stupid jokes...but Levi noticed something different. The normally rambunctious girl always seemed to be frowning, spaced out, and over all just quiet. She hadn't been herself.

It hurt Levi to see her like this.

While Levi was always to one punishing her, he actually found a hint of amusement in mist of her shenanigans. (Name) had always captivated the corporal's attention, and he liked to dish out punishment to her just so he could simply watch her while she worked away.

It was really the only excuse Levi had to spend time with the girl he had started to frown fond of.

Seeing (Name) so glum hurt Levi more than anyone knew.

Levi gazed across the dining hall, staring at the cadet who was just staring blankly at her plate a food. The others around her talked, laughed, joked around, but it was almost like (Name) was in another world.

"This is enough." Levi mumbled to himself, standing up from his table. A few people glanced at the captain, but they quickly looked away when he had a pissed off expression in his face. It wasn't a rare expression but it was still scary.

Levi made his way over to the table which sat (Name), Eren, Armin, Mikasa, Connie, and Sasha. Everyone had noticed the captain's presence but the female who was off in her own head. "(Last Name)." Levi's stern voiced called out to the girl.

She looked up at him, her eyes widening. Did she do something wrong without realizing it?

"In my office, now." The raven haired corporal growled before making his way back to his office.

"Don't die (Name). We believe you in you!" Sasha cried out.

———

(Name) sat in the chair from across her superior's desk, playing with her fingers. The two sat there for about 3 minutes in just plain silence before Levi finally decided to speak up.

"What's wrong with you?" Levi sighed, crossing his arms over his chest. "And don't you dare say nothing. Every since you stopped your trouble making a week ago, you've been acting like this." Levi leaned back in his chair, expecting a truthful answer.

The female was quite shocked when she heard the question. She thought Levi could care less about her after last week, but he was actually concerned about her well being? While it wasn't something new to Levi, it was definitely something new to (Name). "I guess I have no choice." She scratched the back of her neck, averting her gaze. "You'll probably hate me, but it's what it is." Levi squinted his eyes in confusion. He wanted to but in, but held back. "I just wanted your attention."

The corporal wasn't sure if he was hearing things right. She wanted his attention? She would run 50 laps and lock Jean in a horse stable over night just for his attention. "What?" Was all Levi managed to say.

(Name) tried to hold back her tears as she continued to speak. "I like you." She sighed, placing her hands over her flustered face. "but you never paid me attention. Even if you had accepted me into your squad." Levi felt his heart sink when he heard those words. "I know that you don't really give any much attention outside of training. But I wanted to spend time with you I guess."

After (Name) finished, a few minutes of silence went by. The female sat there which her palms clenched in her lap while Levi stared into space.

After awhile, (Name) suddenly stood up which caused Levi to snap out of his thoughts. He was in unbelief. Not to mentioned she still liked him even after all the terrible punishments?

"I think I should leave, sir."

Levi didn't even give (Name) time to take a single step because he ended up grabbing her arm rather tightly. She winced at the pain, but did not say anything else. "You just wanted to spend time with me?" Levi's tone was much softer this time which caught (Name) off guard.

"Yes sir..." she said quietly, looking down in shame. She mentally cursed to herself when a warm, hot tear streamed down her right cheek.

Levi quickly cupped her face in his hands. He wiped the tear off of his smooth skin before starting to speak once again. The captain went to go say something, but more tears started to spill from the girl in front of him. "Don't cry." Levi tried his best to be comforting, something that he wasn't very good at. "I want to spend time with you too. I just didn't know how to ask. That's why I always stayed for your punishments and just watched." Levi sighed, not believing he was admitting his intentions...but he couldn't stand to see (Name) crying. Especially because of him. "Stay here and spend time with me now, okay?" The raven wrapped his strong arms around the cadet's waist, bringing her into a comforting hug.

———

(Name) and Levi currently sat on the edge of the captain's bed in silence. The female was in a constant state of blushing, not believing that she was in the corporals room. Meanwhile, Levi was just admiring the individual in front of him. He longed to touch her soft hair, hold her in his arms, heck he had thought about kissing her way too many times in his time of knowing her.

"You said you like me, right?" The raven wanted to affirm her words before making his next action.

He smirked when the flustered girl tilted her head in the opposite direction, nodding in embarrassment.

"Good." Without warning, Levi grabbed (Name's) chin and crashed his lips against her. How both of them have longed for this moment; this moment that they both though was just some dream.

Levi wrapped one of his arms around the cadet's waist and then placed his free hand on the back of her head, just enjoying this sweet kiss.

The moment only ended because both parties needed to catch their breath. Not only did (Name) wear a blush in her cheeks, but so did the normally stoic corporal.

"I like you too, brat."