Chapter 9

I give in to her request and nod. "Fine. Just tell me what I need to do." I mumble. Maybe I really am insane. "I need to to take this to the dump in a disguise so neither of us get arrested, got it?" She says and hands me a bag..

 She already killed her. God. I do as I’m told though out of fear for my safety. Once I complete my ‘task’ I head back to her. “What now…”, I ask feeling remorse for my actions already. “Time to say goodbye to your sane side Lion. I know you’ve been fighting it”, she says.

"Will I ever see Eliza and Lizzy again?" I ask quietly when I get the chance. Her face goes soft. "Lizzy is grounded and Eliza? Eliza is dead." Beth smirks. "Wait what!? How!?" I scream. "Eliza didn't want to be a part of this so… she disappeared."

 I hold my head and try to fight back the anger I feel towards Beth. “This is how it starts little lion. You push down anger and despisement towards a person and then you start fighting yourself. Then ‘oops’ you’ve finally broke. No amount of therapy can bring you back. You’ve gone too far to turn back even at this point no amount of help can make you recover from the horrors you’re about to see so buckle your seatbelt because this is your life now”, she says.

I gulp. This is just great. "And don't forget," she adds, "if you try to call the cops, I'll frame you and you won't be able to get out of that one. Have fun while you start to lose insanity. It's lots of fun, you know." She laughs. There's no way out of this now. "I'll do what you want." I whisper.

 “Splendid!”, she replies in a cheerful tone, “You know I never did like to get my hands dirty in these situations. So you can do the dirty work for me lion. I tell you who and you get rid of them for me. Almost like a personal hitman. And if we ever get caught don’t keep the devil waiting”

"So am I your sidekick or some peasant type thing?" I ask. I have to admit, I enjoy her leadership skills and way with words. They know how to strike fear into anyone's heart. She shakes her head. "You're worth so much more. And I'll show you what I mean, but it will cost extra."

 “Yes ma’am-“, I respond quickly. “Very good”, she says, “I’ll give you a rundown on the next target and you take out the trash for me kay?”

"Of course-" I mumble and follow her through alleyways until we get to an apartment that has a window open and a light on inside. "What is this place?" I ask quietly as she climbs through. "A safe place. Lots of people died here but it was on their own accord. No murders, don't worry." She says. That doesn't make me feel any better.

 Well that’s a bit unsettling. More than a bit but I’ve already gone too far to turn around now. “Ok I was thinking the next target should be someone who deserves to suffer. Has had everything handed to them their entire life”

"That's like a lot of people around here- could you narrow it down for me?" I say and look around the place. It's filthy with cobwebs and mold everywhere. How can one live in these conditions? Honestly, we really need a Snow White for this place.

 “My older sister little miss perfect Angelica. She looks down on everyone. Treats them like dirt just because she was dad’s favorite.”, she says. “Ok- I understand”, I respond, “but where can I find her?”

"She's coming home in a few days with her husband and kids. We can get her then." Beth answered and sat in a chair. I nearly gag at how disgusting it is. "So we're leaving her kids mother-less?" I ask. It seems harsh. "Her kids are brats. They could use a wake up call."

 ”I don’t want to leave kids parentless like I was!”, I shout. “Remember your place lion or say goodbye to your pathetic life remember?”

I shake my head. "You need me more than I need you and you know that. You kill me, and you'll never ever get out of that prison again. Keep me alive, and I'll make sure we escape. Together. I'll take care of Lizzie as my own if you want."

 “I thought I said remember your place. I don’t need you for anything if you want to be technical! When you’re gone I just find someone else to do my dirty work I do it myself. Simple.”, she says.

"You can't get anywhere without me." I tell her and try to leave until I hear a gun load behind me. "Alex- stay please-" I hear her say. And I know it isn't Beth's voice. "Lizzy…" I sigh and turn around. "You know what Beth is doing is bad-"

 She nods. “Don’t leave me here- she wants to kill me too like she did to eliza-“

"So she did kill Eliza-" I mumble and look up at her, "Come here Lizzy." I sigh and open my arms for a hug. She immediately runs over and hugs me, leaving the gun on the chair.