Just an Ordinary Morning

“Aoko…”

The brownish-black-haired good-looking prince slowly walked closer to the bed found in the room he just entered. He was wearing an all-white outfit with a blue long-sleeve shirt underneath and a white cape flowing gracefully from his shoulders.  Though the scene looked very pleasant – the princess, wearing a white gown with light blue linings and ribbons, was sleeping peacefully on the bed curtained with powder blue silk fabric and sprinkled with white and red rose petals – worry and shock was evident on his face. His mind was swirling with thoughts on what to do, how this thing happened, who could have possibly done this to her and questions of similar concern.

As he was just half-a-meter away from the bed, his feet quickened their pace and he was there, kneeling down next to the bed of his motionless princess.

“Aoko…” He shook her lightly in his attempt to wake her up, but nothing happened. Her sleeping face was calm, her breathing did not change and her hands remained clasped together resting on top of her stomach.

“Darn… Had I arrived a bit earlier, this wouldn’t have happened to you.” He shook her shoulders a little more forcefully. “Aoko.” Upon getting no response at all, he clenched his fists, stood up in an instant and punched the wall beside him, his head tilted down and his eyes tightly closed.

All of a sudden, a strong light came into the room from the window behind him that even with his eyes closed, he could sense it. He turned around to see a familiar beautiful, long-haired fairy – a four-inch tall fairy, wearing a pink fairy dress and floating in air because of her pink flapping wings. She called to him, waving the wand-like thing in her hand to call his attention. “Kaitou ouji-sama!”

“Ran,” he whispered upon recognition. He showed her his serious but still gentle eyes as a reply. Seeing determination flaming up in these blue orbs, the little fairy spoke with her dazzling petite voice. “You don’t have to blame yourself, Kaitou ouji-sama. I know how to wake the princess up.”

“How?” he quickly asked, stepping closer to the little creature automatically.

She flew towards the bed and stood on the princess’ hands. Kaitou followed, his eyes glancing onto the princess and then back to the fairy. “What should I do? Tell me,” he asked, obviously getting impatient.

“The prophesy says that the person who could defeat the dragon is also the one who could break the spell cast upon the one who wore the glass slippers and fell into a deep eternal slumber,” the fairy explained. “Aoko ojou-sama is a victim of that spell because the witch made her wear those glass slippers, saying that wearing it would grant her love an immeasurable strength. She wore it for you, Kaitou ouji-sama!”

“Aoko no baka…” he whispered, his lips curved into a faint smile. “She shouldn’t have done that.”

“Now, all you have to do is to kiss her and she will wake up. That’s simply the solution,” declared the adorable little fairy, flying in circles above the princess as she became excited.

“Kiss her?” Kaitou repeated. He stared at the princess’ face and swallowed a lump in his throat before he leaned in closer to her. ‘I’ve never done this before but I will do anything just to bring you back to life…’ Just when he was merely an inch away from the princess’ lips, the room turned pitch black and he heard a small scream, making him turn around immediately. “Ran, what happened?” He tried his best to see in the dark but to no avail.