A Good Game

P03 sat at it's table, shuffling through the recently made cards. 

"Trash.. trash.. trash.."

 He muttered as he looked at the cards, tossing them to the side as it did so. It seemed like he did that all day long. Checking cards, adding stuff to his deck, and discarding useless ones. He was about to get up and scold the Inspector, when a small figure appeared in the doorway, accompanied by the creaking of the old door. 

"Oh great.. a new challenger." P03 sighed as the short figure approached the table it stood at. 

"Hello! I'm Fan! You're P03, right?" The hand fan waved, in response, only getting a cold glare.

"Duh, kid. I'm assuming you're here to battle me. If so, you're going to have to get through my minions." It said, it's voice monotone and chilling. 

"Alright-y!" Fan said, walking off into the Inspector's room.

After a long while, Fan came back. P03 had seen the cards made of his minions, so he knew Fan had done it. 

"Oookay, since you got through them, your deck must be at least a little decent. Let's battle." P03 stated, the board was already set up, and the game commenced. P03 had the occasional snarky comment, but after a long while of sacrificing and struggles, Fan won.

"Wow, close match. That's the first time someone's beat me in a while." P03 stated.

"Yeah, I know! That was pretty exciting!" The fan exclaimed with a relieved sigh.

"Mhm.." They watched as Fan exited the building. He didn't think much of it then, but it left them with this weird feeling. Like it was missing something. 

The door shut, leaving P03 on it's own. They sat at the table, waiting for something to happen, before thinking that they should probably get back to their work. It got a pile of cards, and started looking through them once more.