01

━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━

━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━

Y/N's POV

"Thank you, come again!"

The doors kept on opening and closing as people enter and leave. I looked at
my watch, It's already 8PM. 'Only 1 hour left for you, Y/N.'

I don't feel like working today. Haewon, my friend, isn't here. Apprently she had some business to run some errands today, which leaves me with her mom and other co-workers of this shop. Anyway, she's like the only friend I can trust the most. Since I don't have parents nor relatives, Haewon treated me like her own family, and let me live at her house.

Ever since I left that sickening old orphan house, I feel free and myself.
After saving up money to survive in this difficult world, I got here in Haewon's coffee shop—well not really, It's actually runned by her parents, but she manages the shop.

Haewon is my life savior, really. If I hadn't met her at my old school before, I'm probably on the streets begging for some food.

Lost in my own thoughts, I didn't realized Haewon's mom, asked me something.

"Oh, sorry. What is it?" I said, looking at her.

"Are you okay?"

"Yes, why wouldn't I?" I chuckled. Not only she's sweet, but also very caring. Haewon is basically her mom but younger version.

"Are you sure? You look tired, maybe you should go home now."

I looked at my watch, "I only have 45 minutes left until my shift's over. I can bear it." I smiled.

"No, you always overtime, I'm scared you're not getting enough sleep. You also work on weekends, you don't take a rest at all. So, I'm letting you off for you to take some rest."

I looked at her, amazed at her sudden words.

"Eomeoni, I'm touched at your words. Do I really have to?"

I hugged her tight, and she hugged me back.

"Yes, so get off to work early okay? You have Haewon's duplicate key right? She'll be waiting for you at home."

"Thank you so much, Eomeoni. I'll repay you with this kindness!" I said, running to the back room, getting ready to go home.

I bid my final goodbye to Haewon's mom, before leaving the coffee shop.

I only walked to home. It's only fifteen minute walk from here, and besides, It's best to save up money.

I walked at the lonely street, good thing there's a light though. I don't see much people since it's night. Only a few cars on the road.

I took a left, almost there.

I stopped at my tracks when I notice a figure far away from my distance.

Is he a girl? A boy? I don't know. I couldn't see much since it's not on the light. But should I be scared? Knowing that I am a girl, walking alone on the empty street.

I shrugged it the scary thoughts away, and continued walking to reach my destination.

I don't know why, but I suddenly felt this feeling of longing. A nostalgic one. Weird, It felt like I've already felt this before when I really don't.

I was about to go right when I was stopped by the person not far away from me. For sure it's the person I saw earlier, and by the looks of it, It's a man.

He just stood there, looking at me. I couldn't see his face clearly but I can see what he's feeling. Strange, how can I see that? Is there even a word for that?

It looks like he's about to cry or break down, but he just stood there, looking at me.

And then it hit me.

'What is this feeling?' I said to myself, looking at the man not far away from me.

I feel like I've already felt this feeling before, but only experiencing it for the first time.

I walked slowly to him, step by step. I walked on the pedestrian crossing, my eyes locked on him. And then it hit me, I suddenly remembered memories I didn't have.

I feel numb, maybe because the euphoria is rushing through my body. I didn't hear anything, only my breathing sounds and the rush of wind. I was few feet away from him.

Right in the middle of road, with no one but only us at the moment, because of that man... I finally knew what's happening to me.

Wave of emotions hit me all at once, it's a heavy feeling, I must say.

And then I woke up from the feeling, and heard a beeping sound in my right. I looked to it, only to see a car rushing towards me.

I couldn't move, nor speak. I looked back at the man, to see him one last time. Time and motion slowed down–well that's what I feel. I want to run, but I couldn't. I want to talk to him... but I was too late.

*crash*

I didn't know what happened next, All I can see is blackness and pain all over my body. I couldn't breathe, I couldn't move. Still, why do I still think of that man?

My consciousness is fighting death. I'm getting too tired of it to be honest, the pain is unbearable, it's suffocating me.

But atleast I got to know one thing though. The emotions, the feelings, my heart and soul, it can only mean one thing,

It's Deja Vu.