chapter seventeen

the unimaginable

the unimaginable

If you see something, say something.

That's what the citizens of the city been doing all day since two bomb explosions this week. Authorities continue to investigate this matter while ordering everyone to stay vigilant of their surroundings. With minimum knowledge, it has sent the city on edge of the inevitable causing a flood of phone calls ringing nonstop at the dispatch call center.

"If the truck's parked in a driveway with its hazards on, it's probably just making a delivery." Linda told a worrisome civilian.

"No, sir. Having a foreign-sounding last name is not reason enough for me to send the police out to investigate your neighbors." Josh said on the line.

"From what you described as wrapped presents on the table, I suggest you not to touch them. If you see families nearby on the park with birthday decorations. I believe that is a kid's birthday party happening." Maddie thoroughly explained on her call.

Meanwhile, Sasha contorted a confused expression having difficulty to listen to the woman on the line from the background noise overriding. "Uh, uh, I'm sorry. Ma'am, I'm having trouble hearing you. Are you being attacked by a dog?" She made out from the loud barking.

"No! That's my dog!" The woman clarified. "We've got the bomber pinned down! Send the cops!"

Another voice winced in the background which belonged to the supposed bomber. "Ah! Stop it!"

"Good boy, Titus."

"God, help me! She's crazy!"

"You say you have the bomber pinned down?" Sasha tried to decipher the situation as she continued to listen in.

"I caught him putting a package in my mailbox."

"I'm the mailman!" Shouted the man being attacked by the caller's dog.

Sasha's lips parted, repeating the man in the background of the line. "Ma'am, he says he's the mailman."

"He's not my mailman. My mailman's Larry."

"Stop! Stop it! Larry's out for two weeks with surgery!"

Ignoring the substitute mailman, the woman instigated to Sasha. "I think he did something to Larry!"

Nodding along with the intel she collected, Sasha took protocol to mend the situation. "Okay, I'm dispatching a unit to your location." She typed on the keyboard sending out a message. "And, ma'am, I suggest you put Titus back in the house before the officers arrive." She peered over to Maddie and Josh snickering at the insane call she answered.

"You're telling me a lady got her dog to pin down the mailman because she thought he was the bomber?" Buck questioned, visibly in disbelief at one of the many crazy calls Sasha received at the center.