~35: Just Another Day at the Office~

a/n: this is a really heavy chapter so please pay attention to the trigger warnings. there will be a summary of the chapter at the end <3 stay safe please!

tw: abuse, yelling, mention of past injury, mention of death, medication, suicidal thoughts, self harm, torture, guns, (if i missed any please let me know)

---

"Another rough day?" #030 asked Delilah.

"Nah. I'm just tired. One of the people in the cell next to mine died last night so all the scientists were in there. They were bickering about who gets what." She sighed as she brought a straw to her mouth, the buzzing in her started to disappear with every sip.

She placed the cup back onto the table, "What about you? Are your hands ok?"

"They're fine. Just a little achy." He stared down at his hands. They were laced with bandages that had small drawings on them.

His thoughts collected into a question. "I know it's really out of the blue but... how did you get into here? Like here, the P.T.F.?"

Delilah was a little thrown off by the abrupt question, "Oh- well it's kind of a long story." She awkwardly tucked her blonde hair behind her ear.

"I have the next ten years." He had a smug grin. The joke had been used too much at the P.T.F.

"Alright then-" She sighed heavily. "I'll try and keep the story short but a man approached me when I left a hero agency I was considering working at. He told me about the P.T.F. and all of the mystical things it had for me. He phrased every word like it was a haven." Her eyes looked lost as if she was back in the memory.

"So when I got home, I signed the papers without reading the fine print, which you should always do- and with signing those papers, I signed my soul away! And here I am." She spun the straw in her drink as she explained. The clank of the ice in the cup was somewhat grounding.

He couldn't help but laugh, "Damn, Delilah. You're an idiot."

"Well, what's your story, genius?" She wore a playful smile.

#030 dramatically sighed, placing the back of his hand on his forehead, "Just like you, a man approached me. At the time I was alone selling golden jewelry out of alleyways with my quirk. He told me about the P.T.F. and how it could help me get out of my current living situation. So I took it." He didn't look as sad as Delilah but the feeling felt present. "Now I'm stuck with an old lady who wallows about her problems."

"Oh hush. I'm actually quite young. After all, I still have two children at home." Delilah crossed her arms.

#030 smiled at her remark, "Tell me about your kids." He was intrigued.

"Well. I have a boy and a girl. Actually, the boy is exactly your age. Their names are-"

"STAND THE FUCK UP!"

At the entrance of the cafeteria, a guard shoved a gun to the back of a young girl's head. Her eyes screamed terror yet they were so dull and lost of life.

She complied and quickly shot up from where she was sitting. The girl looked extremely young, not as young as #030 who was eight, but young enough to be considered a kid.

"This is your last fucking warning. YOU HEAR ME? If you're late to a checkup again, you're fucking dead. DEAD." He shoved the girl onto the ground and kicked her before leaving the cafeteria in a fit of rage. As soon as he was out of her line of sight, Delilah shot up from her seat.

"Six-" #030 went to grab her hand but she was already heading for the girl. He let out a groan of frustration. She was lucky the P.T.F. would never kill her.