memories;

"[y/n], i don't think staying with me will keep you safe anymore." he started. "i'm sorry for dragging you into this mess, please forgive me."

"but yoriichi-san, i don't have anywhere else to go to, and you're the only person i know besides him..!"

"[y/n], go home."

"no! i don't like it there! if i go home now, he will definitely scold me! i wanna stay with yoriichi-san!"

"you don't deserve this. i don't want to cause you anymore trouble—"

"but you never did!"

ignoring her pleas, yoriichi had already made up his mind. as much as it pained him to leave her, he didn't want to put her in any more danger, especially with everything that had just happened.

his brother had became a demon and slaughtered the head of the demon slayer corps. he had failed to kill muzan. he was supposed to get executed but the new oyakata-sama that had taken over right after his father's death, had refused.

but the other demon slayers didn't like the idea of allowing yoriichi, a failure, disappointment and an embarrassment to stay, so they banished him from the demon slayer corps.

he had lost so many people, including his loved ones, all because of his careless mistakes.

that's why he didn't want to involve anyone else in his own problems. especially an innocent fourteen year old girl. although her presence had kept him company for a good amount of time, the thought of her suffering or even losing her life made his heart ache.

this world is beautiful in every single way. being born into it is a blessing itself.

but he had learnt that even if something is more precious to you than your own life, others can easily trample over it.

simple things like spending the rest of his life with the people he cared for and loved would have been enough for him. but even that would never come true.

because demons existed in this beautiful world.

and it was all her fault. or so she thought it was. even after yoriichi's numerous attempts at trying to console the crying girl who blamed herself for everything, it never worked. [y/n] truly believed that demons existed in this world because of her.

all because she cared a little too much for a certain someone.

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
𓃥