Chapter 16 | an eye for an eye

If your life long crush suddenly stood before, clearly just woke up, and asked you to be his partner after you swore to yourself you'll die alone. 

What would you do?

Well, in this case, Y/n screamed:

...

"WHAT!" Camillo's eyes widened as he held up a finger above my lips.

"Shh, shh , shh. it's still early the morning," Camillo whispered.

I exhaled and blinked rapidly, "Sorry sorry. But you can't just drop a question like that when I haven't even brushed my hair."

Camillo gave me a nervous grin as he let me sit down on his bed. I was busy trying to register what he just said.

"Before I answer, Why now? When you're most likely on my dad's least liked list." I told him.

Camillo chuckled nervously before sitting down beside me.

"Well after we talked about the Miracle incident, I remembered almost losing you and that was the most terrifying thing in the world and that happened twice."

I barely remember that day but I could imagine how hard it must have been for him.

"I realized how as much as I want to wait, I have no control over what's up ahead. I love you and I want to live life with you in it and well fulfill my dream of being your boyfriend?"

I giggled at his cuteness as he technically asked me out again.

I leaned in and kiss him on the lips, it was soft and short but it was enough to get the answer the across.

Even so, I still nodded. "Then consider your dream fulfilled, Madrigal." Camillo beamed brighter than the sun, one would forget his gift was shape shifting and not impersonating the sun. He wrapped his arms around me and leaned his forehead against mine. 

"So uhh..." He started making me looked at him, "What now?"

We suddenly heard a loud bang outside followed by a familiar voice, "Alma! I know you Y/n." I heard my Papa exclaim. 

I felt a sense of dread wash over me as I heard him say Abuela Madrigal's name. Which I've heard no one say. I turned to Camillo with a nervous smile. 

"Now, we deal with my father." 

...

It was around 15 years ago, The family of Lacuerte was rejoicing yet another glorious birthday celebration for the oldest son of the family.

His twin brother however wasn't as happy.

He stood at the entrance of the kitchen, watching his younger brother as he searched every cabinet for something very important. 

"What are you looking for anyway? We might wake Ma and Pa." He said in a hushed tone. His brother turned to him with dim eyes, he just has told him the reason hours ago but perhaps he needed another reminder. So he calmly answered him. 

"The pendant, brother. I need to find that pendant."

His brother sighed, giving him the same response he did before. 

"How are you even sure we still have it. Papa said he traded it for some-" The older twin stopped as he saw the glowing gem resting perfectly at a carved out wall behind one of the cabinets. 

"Oh really?" His brother said with a concerning smile. 

(A/n: I forgot what name I gave the father so um... Yeah. His name is Hernando in this one I guess.)