Chapter 1

"I never want to lose you, not over something petty. My life would be nothing without you so please stay"

Tyler POV

Music blasted in the room as people were grooving to the loud beats. Different colors of light flashed before my eyes. Everyone was busy chatting and a few were tipsy at this point. I let out a sigh as I glanced over a tiny figure chatting with her friends. "Bro your whipped-" I heard Jake, one of my best friends say as I realized I had been staring at her for way too long. "Oh shut it Jake" I said a little annoyed at the almost as tall as me guy with wavy short brown hair and a pair of black eyes that very much resembled a marble.

"Hahaha! sorry bruhh I'm just stating facts" he said nudging my shoulders as I glared at him. "Heyyyy Tyler~!!" she said as she made her way to me through the crowd. Jake let out a fake cough as he slowly disappeared from the scene.

"Sorryyyy I just had to catch up with a few of my friends, were you too bored?" she asked letting out an awkward laugh as she probably knew I would be a little mad at her. "Ya think!?" I said sarcastically. "Hehe sowwyyy~" she said in a cringey yet cute tone as I tried not to smile.

Well, meet Callie my annoying, dumb and caring best friend whom I've been in love with since my childhood. Honestly, I think she's a little dumb to not see my feelings for her. But right now, I have no intention of confessing to her and ruin our bond because I have no idea how to live without here presence in my life.

We got to know each other as our moms are high school best friends and neighbors (they had planned to live next door to each other back in high school). At first, we used to fight a lot when we were kids, then slowly grew into liking each other's presence. She probably saw me only as a best friend whereas I was madly in love.

There is something about her that is very much addicting. But sometimes I want to give up but I could never bring myself to do that. It does sometimes hurt.. one side love hurts.

"Yea that's okay Cal, have fun with your other friends too" I said with a small smile. "Aww thnx Tyler~ I'll be back in a few k?" "Yeaa go on now!" I replied. Honestly, I'm not into parties and whatnot. I prefer staying at home or taking a walk in the park. Callie isn't a party animal herself but likes it compared to me. One good thing is that she doesn't drink and oh boy I'd never wanna deal with drunk Cal coz she's probably gonna be super sassy.

My eyes never left her figure as she walked around coz if I lost her then I'd have to answer Mrs. Adams and that would be a hell of a ride. In less than another 30 minutes we were back in the car (obviously I was driving and trust me you'd never want to be in a car with Callie as the driver :'>)

"Boy wasn't it long since I saw the girls~" she said as I nodded in agreement. "Well yea that's true and how did you like the food there? It's a bar after all and I'm sure those tiny so-called chic desserts weren't filling" I said.

"It's as if you read my mind Tyler, now now quickly drive to our spot! I'm hungryyy" she whined making me chuckle.

I then made a turn and started driving to our fave burger joint. The rest of the ride was quiet. She was looking out the window while my eyes were fixed on the road. Once we reached, she happily jumped out of the car and raced to the entrance while I just admired her silliness with a small smile on my face.

"Hi! We'll have our regular please!" she cheerfully told the girl at the counter. We then went to our usual table and sat down waiting for our food. "You know Cals... you should really start going out to beaches or parks instead of these wild parties" I said.

"Well parks are places for innocent and boring people Tyler... I'm going down hell anyway might as well make it worth the burn" she said flipping her hair as I rolled my eyes and heard her chuckle.

"Plus is not like I'm drinking or hitting on people there!! I consider myself quite pure and stress on the quite part~" she said winking at me. I nodded my head in disagreement.

"Here you guys go!" the waiter said while placing our burgers and drinks on the table. Her usual fave is a medium burger with double chicken patty, lettuce and A LOT of mayonnaise and a sprite. Me on the other hand had got a medium-large burger with barbeque patty, a few dashes of extra ketchup and a coke.

We chatted for a while stuffing our faces with the burgers. After that she ordered a strawberry cheesecake and honestly, she is literally obsessed with it, she could go on and on about it and probably even a mini ted talk. I don't hate it or anything I just feel like eating it so often would make it boring.

Then we walked to my car and while walking I noticed her palms were cold. I swiftly took her hand in mine saying, "I get that you went to a bar before this but you should carry a jacket with you Cals". "Yea ok dad!" she said while laughing at me.

I couldn't help but roll my eyes. But then she continued laughing as she surprisingly found herself way too funny.

I just looked at her and smiled full of adoration. Too bad she can't see my feelings through my eyes.

After getting into the car guess what happened? Well, that dumbass immediately fell asleep. On reaching her house I slowly tried to wake her up but she was sleeping heavily.

I rang the bell and once Mrs. Adams had opened the door, I told her that Callie was sleeping in the car and I would bring her to her room.

I rushed back to the car and took her in my arms and she had gotten lighter. After laying her on her bed I removed her heels and placed it beside her bed. I then covered her up with the sheets, whispered a good night and slowly walked away closing the door.

"Thank you so much Tyler dear, she's troublesome, isn't she? Im glad she has you" her mom said making me smile.

"Its no biggie Mrs. Adams! At this point its like a routine" I replied with a laugh. "Hahaha! You should also get good sleep my boy" she told as I nodded in agreement.

"Well then ill get going Mrs. Adams have a good night! And can you please tell Callie to be ready for college early tomorrow? We have a test" I said to which she replied with an okay.

--- time skip---

Plopping myself on my bed I started thinking about Callie and how much fun she was having today. Getting lost in my random thoughts I slowly drifted to sleep.

(Have a nice day everyone~~ :>)

- Author June