Part 1

Have you ever wondered why Nurp-Naut was an elder and a toddler combined, or how exactly he came this way? I believe that this story can give you the answer, because this is the origin story of how Nurp-Naut came to be. One day, in a wonderful land called Decotopia and in the little shop of the main Decors tribe called "Lil' Miss Decoration Shop", it was yet another busy day for Nurpcore (sometimes called "Nurp" for short), Rybbonnie, and Mentorna. They were doing much hard work just to keep all of their decorations clean, but Nurplite wasn't too excited about it.

"Hey Mentorna, I think it's time we start some spring cleaning!" Called Rybbonnie as he looked out the window.

"Alrighty, then!" Said Mentorna.

Mentorna stopped hanging colorful ornaments on the tree and started wiping the white, wall-mounted shelf. Meanwhile, Nurplite was stacking wooden blocks, not giving a single care in the world.

"Hey Nurpcore, shouldn't you be cleaning too?" Asked Rybbonnie.

"No, me wanna play." Said Nurpcore.

"But there's might be another customer soon, and we don't want to disappoint them!" Explained Rybbonnie.

Nurpcore grumbled and dropped his wooden blocks. He walked to the shelf of dusters, grabbed a pink duster, and started dusting the shelf of ceramic figurines next to the tree. Meanwhile, in Klinkerton, Cog-Naut wasn't having a better time because he was getting bored of all the pipes, steam, whistles, cogs, and bells, but he was mostly bored of working all the time just to make Klinkers Inc. popular again. He was sitting down against the wall, reading a newspaper about another nixel attack in the Magma Wastelands.

"Hey, how come you aren't working?" Asked Gox.

"...Because I don't want to?" Questioned Cog-Naut.

"Well, you very much should be working on the broken pipes, a few of them are leaking!" Complained Gox.

"If we want to keep Klinkers Inc. up and running, then that means we mustn't slack off of our work! Do you UNDERSTAND?"

Cog-Naut stood up and crossed his arms, newspaper still in hand.

"Fine, I'll get to it." Sighed Cog-Naut as he walked away.

"I swear, it's almost as if he never wants to work." Muttered Gox.

When Cog-Naut walked into a hallway next to the wall he was leaning on, he saw five tall, cracked pipes on the ceiling (with two of them leaking), much to Cog-Naut's annoyance. He groaned, floated out of the hallway, and came back to the hallway with a tall step ladder, a tool box, and duct tape.

"Make sure you don't slack off this time, got it?" Reminded Gox.

"Yes, thank you for the reminder." Cog-Naut said with extra sarcasm.

Meanwhile, Nurpcore was finally done dusting so he sat down and was ABOUT to take a nap until Mentorna asked him to put away his toys since Nurpcore was done playing with them.

"But... but I just dusteeeed..." Groaned Nurpcore.

"I know, but you pretty much have to remember that you must put away your toys when you're done playing with them." Reminded Mentorna.

Suddenly, they heard a rumbling noise, and it came from Nurpcore's stomach, meaning that he was hungry.

"Tummy rumbly, Nurp want crater-tots." Said Nurpcore.

"Alright, putting the toys away can wait." Replied Mentorna.

Mentorna picked up Nurpcore and set him down in a high chair to give him some crater-tots. Nurpcore loved to eat crater-tots a lot, but he still felt like he wanted to explore new places and try something new while Cog-Naut wanted to get out of Klinkerton so he wouldn't have to be working so hard every day just to 'get Klinkerton up and running again'.

*FLASH-FORWARD!*

It was bedtime and every mixel settled down to peacefully sleep, read a bedtime story to their children, sing lullabies, or sometimes just stay up playing video games. Mentorna and Rybbonnie tucked Nurpcore in his pastel blue crib and they said goodnight, but Nurpcore wanted them to tell a bedtime story. This usually happens most nights, so Mentorna knew it'd be pointless to cancel out storytime.

"Oh, alright." Said Mentorna.

Mentorna whispered to Rybbonnie that while she tells the story, he can go to bed, so Rybbonnie went to his bedroom while Mentorna told a story about a lovely princess Frosticon named "Mixerella". Meanwhile, the Klinkers just brushed their teeth, walked to their dorms, and dozed off. Cog-Naut and Nurpcore realized that this was the perfect opportunity to sneak out and explore since if every mixel is asleep, they thought that those sleeping mixels won't notice a mixel or two sneaking out of their bedrooms. Cog-Naut got out of his bed, grabbed a rainbow cubit from his nightstand drawer, got out of his pajamas, got into his regular black tank top, and snuck outside.
Nurpcore grabbed his green alien doll and climbed off of his crib while Cog-Naut floated around and then used the jetpack boosters on his back to fly off, leaving Klinkerton and heading towards Mixopolis. Meanwhile, Nurpcore slowly and quietly walked out of his bedroom after taking off his pink footie one-piece pajama set and trying to put on his regular clothes and walked out the door of the decoration shop that he and his tribemates worked in and basically lived in. While Cog-Naut was flying over Mixopolis, he was mesmerized by the wonderful volcanoes in the Magma Wastelands, the boulder homes in the Cragster Mines, and lots more structures that he hadn't seen before.

"Woah, is this what... other places are like?" Cog-Naut asked himself.

Cog-Naut headed south from the Cragster Mines past a giant mountain with yellow rods called Mountain City, and was now entering Decotopia. Nurpcore was walking down the red and white land, but then he noticed something in the sky, flying around the city. Nurpcore ran towards where the thing was flying to, but it landed on the roof of a giant, red gift box that was actually someone's house.

"HEY! FLYING THING!" Called Nurpcore.

The thing looked at Nurpcore who was waving at it, and it waved back.