Chapter Twenty One

Ceaderstripe keeps padding along beside her friends. Froststar and Hazelstripe were still in the back of the group chattering without end. They hadn't been accepted back into conversation after the scene with Dovesong the day before.
"What do you think they're going on about?" Heatherfur asks.
Shrewtail blinks at her, "oh I wonder," he remarks sarcastically.
His ears turn towards the back of the group and you can see him focusing on the two cats conversation.
"Dovesong," Shrewtail mews, "they're just going on and on about her," he shrugs, "maybe they're 'talking to her'?" He rolls his eyes.
The prophecy cats all sigh and start talking about home.
"We're getting close, that's for sure," Ceaderstripe mews, looking to the mountain in the far distance.
"Probably a day or two until we're there..." Pinestripe trails off
"Do you think anything big has happened?" Cocoapaw asks.
"I don't know," Heatherfur stares at her paws, "I can't wait to see everyone."
"Me too," Shrewtail nods, "these little ones will finally meet their clan mates," Shrewtail swisher his tail in front of the kits behind him.
"Can we go play with Kelpstreams kits?" Birdkit asks.
Ceaderstripe glances back towards where Kelpstream is walking, a pair of warriors beside her dragging a peice of wood with her kits on it. Wavekit bounces beside it.
"Maybe next time we stop..." Hemlockheart trails off.
Birdkit and the other kits groan, "ok."

Hazelstripes POV

"I'm taking Eggpaw hunting and I assume you know the area a bit, so do you want to come with?" Mapleheart asks.
Hazelstripe glances to Froststar, "well we don't really know this area... We've only been here once before."
Mapleheart shrugs, "Either way, would you still want to come with?"
"Sure," Hazelstripe shrugs.
"I'm going to go catch up with the others," Froststar mews, flicking his tail before he pads off towards the other prophecy cats.
Great, now it's just me. Hazelstripe groans inwardly.
"Hey Eggpaw!" Mapleheart calls, "we're going hunting with Hazelstripe!"
Eggpaw gives the other apprentices a glance of uncertainty before padding over.
"Where to?" Eggpaw asks.
Mapleheart looks to Hazelstripe expectantly.
"Oh- uh-" Hazelstripe looks around, "you guys can fish, right?" She nods to the stream.
"Yeah," Mapleheart nods.
"How about, I go get Pinestripe and the four of us do some fishing?" Hazelstripe suggests.
"Sounds good, we'll be at the rivers edge," Mapleheart motions for Eggpaw to follow her and goes towards the river bank.
Please say yes, Hazelstripe begs.
"Hey Pinestripe!" Hazelstripe calls over, "you wanna go fishing?"
"Sure," Pinestripe stands up and stretches and heads over.
Hazelstripe leads the way over to the river bank to begin fishing.
Hazelstripe pads to the edge, looking down at the river she checks that she can't see her reflection. She uses her invisibility to surprise a fish and hooks it out of the water. It flops on the bank for a moment before she kills it.
"Hey!" She exclaims ad Pinestripe splashes into the water, drenching the other cats.
Pinestripe swims down into the water and chases some fish around, eventually catching some.
Hazelstripe watches as Pinestripe starts to dig in the sandy river bottom, then shakes her head.
She must've been about to burry the fish, she laughs for a moment.
Hazelstripe piles her fish with Pinestripes and watches Eggpaw add a small fish to the pile as well.
"Nuce catch," Hazelstripe mews to the young apprentice.
"Thanks," Eggpaw smiles, "you too..." he trails off looking at the three she had put on the pile.

After a while the four of them had caught ten fish and began picking them all up to carry them to the other cat's.
"They're so Slippery," Eggpaw growls as he drops his fish again.
"Just keep trying," Mapleheart eyes the three fish she plans to carry with determination.
Hazelstripe grabs the tails of her fish and stretches her neck so that their heads don't brush the ground as she walks. Pinestripe had no trouble picking up her fish and were already sharing them with Kelpstream and her kits.
"Show off," Eggpaw mutters as Hazelstripe pads away, carrying her fish with ease.
Hazelstripe growls quietly as she stomps away to give her fish to the others.