Festival of flowers

(This one took long bc I had to drew Bruno's and Mirabel's outfits-)

Third p.o.v

"Buenas noches papá..."

Bruno's eyes watered, he knew that Mirabel didn't really mean it, and that she only said that because she was tired and mistook Bruno for Augustín, but still.

Even being mistaken as a father figure made Bruno's heart swell, since Mirabel was now under his care, he technically was a father figure, and he was going to wear that title with pride.

He wiped his eyes, took off Mirabel's glasses, placed them on the nightstand, and sat on the second bed that was across from Mirabel's bed.

Bruno kicked off his sandals, and laid down, sleep overcame him quickly. He never had dreams, and if he did, they'd be of the future, Bruno never liked his gift, it was more of a curse if anything...

Unfortunately, Mirabel did have dreams, well, as of lately, she only had nightmares... usually of her family saying how disappointed they were of her, how selfish she was to abandon them. Mirabel knew that they were just dreams but that doesn't mean it didn't hurt.

In the other room, Catalina and Mateo were getting ready for bed, "I feel like there's something off about those two.." said Mateo, his voice hushed, Catalina turned to hur husband, rolled her eyes and spoke "Like what hm?" it was clear she was still a little upset about what he said at dinner.

"That's the thing, I don't know... it's not anything bad, it's just, there's something not right..?" His voice was questioning his own words, you could tell that not even he knew what he was trying to say. But that caught Catalina's attention, she raised an eyebrow at him,

"Mateo, you're always suspicious of new people, those two have been through enough, they don't need someone accusing them of being odd." She turned back around, and turned off her lamp, and laid in bed.

"Buenas noches mi amor, just sleep it off.."

"Buenas noches"

———————————————————————

Mirabel was the first to wake up, as usual, she's always been an early bird. She stretched, and put on her glasses. She smiled in excitement as she remembered that today was the festival!

She was giddy, practically bouncing off the walls in excitement, she was happy to try on her new dress!

She looked at the dress and admired the colors, it was beautiful.

Mira became even more excited as she heard Catalina leave her room and call her name, she left the guest room and went to see Catalina.

"Hello, did you sleep well?" Catalina asked, some tiredness in her voice

"Yes! I slept great!"

"I noticed you and your tío haven't had time to clean yourselves up, I can show you to the bathroom." The woman motioned Mira to follow her, which Mirabel gladly did. A nice warm shower... after days of walking and sleeping on a dirt floor, a warm, comforting shower sounded like heaven..

They reached the bathroom and Catalina showed Mirabel how to make it hot or cold. The older woman quickly left and returned with a towel, "When your tío wakes up, I'll tell him he should wash up as well." and with that, the kind woman left.

Mira undressed and hopped in the shower, sighing in comfort as the hot water hit her skin. She washed off the dirt that was on her body, she washed her hair and rinsed the excess soap off.

She was fast to finish as she didn't want to waste all of the hot water. Turning off the water, she hopped out and wrapped herself with the towel Catalina had given her earlier.