stay with me | n.jm

The light from the lamp buzzed as Jaemin sat at his desk, holding his head in his hands. Out of frustration, he began to forcefully massage his temples.

He looked down at the papers strewn out in front of him. The sight of the difficult assignment only increased his discontent.

That's when she walked in. Hwang Jinha. Jaemin's college dorm roommate and childhood friend. She also happens to be his girlfriend of three, approaching four, months.

She jumped onto his bed, like she normally does when she gets home, and pulled out her laptop to watch some music videos. Not bothering to put in headphones since she and Jaemin normally enjoy the music together while he does homework.

However, she didn't notice the bothered boy stressing out at his desk. His patience was beginning to run very thin even though he was trying his hardest to keep it under control.

"Can you put in some headphones or something?" He asked more like a command than a request, not even bothering to turn around and look at her. He spoke so lowly that if it weren't for the bass in his voice, Jinha wouldn't have even heard him. It caught her off guard.

She muttered a small "sure" before reaching into her laptop case to grab a pair of earbuds. Jinha's eyes traveled across the room to study him briefly. Despite the sudden tenseness she felt, she decided to brush it off like nothing happened.

He's probably having a hard time concentrating right now, she told herself mentally.

She turned back to her music videos, now with headphones in to not disturb her boyfriend. It worked for about twenty minutes, then she was singing along. Jinha had completely forgotten about Jaemin and the headphones prevented her from hear exactly how loud she was.

Jaemin's leg was now bouncing up and down at a rapid pace. A loud groan erupted, causing Jinha to look up. She saw Jaemin giving her the death stare and that's when she realized that she had been singing too loud.

Jinha was starting to feel bad. Almost embarrassed. She reached into her purse to grab something that was notorious for cheering her up: her pink, sweet-flavored bubble gum. She unwrapped a piece and placed it in her mouth.

Instantly, she felt better but not as much as she hoped. There was a lingering feeling that Jaemin was tired of her and not just struggling to concentrate. She still decided to ignore it and just go back to watching her music videos, decreasing the volume so she could still hear what was going on.

Unfortunately for Jaemin, the constant, steady sound of the gum Jinha was chewing, was eating him alive. He felt like he was about to snap, while the girl on his bed was in another dimension, completely unaware.

"Jinha," he stated her name. "Please stop smacking."

Even though he said "please", his tone was far from polite. Jinha was starting to get annoyed by his behavior now.

I can't possibly be bothering you this much

This was a daily routine for the couple and all of a sudden every single thing she does is bothering him.

Choosing to try and keep the peace, Jinha removes the headphones, closes her laptop, and pulls out her assignments. Something that she normally would do after Jaemin finished his so he could help her if she got stuck. (She has a tendency to get violent whenever she's frustrated).

She went for an easy subject first, History. The assignment was to read a few passages and answer the questions on the back of the paper. Next, she got to work on English. All she had to do was write a two page synopsis of the play, Romeo and Juliet.